The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

16 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
38 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:
Is he saving  the best to last ? Kerr true to his word wanted 4 or 5 and got it , at least when he says something is going to happen it does , and well done to board for freeing up all this cash to strengthen the team 

Are we being trolled or is that it???

That’s it I believe , he was also busy offering current players contracts for next season which will hopefully be announced in next 4/6 weeks , some of that is more important than getting players in as the squad is in a better shape than it was in December and should see us through the season and play offs , but he still has to midnight if he feels he needs someone , plenty of guys out there looking for jobs and some will be in a position that they will need to drop their expected salary expectations 

Edited by Robbo63

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

That’s it I believe , he was also busy offering current players contracts for next season which will hopefully be announced in next 4/6 weeks , some of that is more important than getting players in as the squad is in a better shape than it was in December and should see us through the season and play offs 

:guinness

We’re definitely stronger than before the window so not gonna moan about that. But after talking about getting 3 in with some of them being experienced it’s maybe a learning curve for Kerr to not say too much before everything’s done.

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

We’re definitely stronger than before the window so not gonna moan about that. But after talking about getting 3 in with some of them being experienced it’s maybe a learning curve for Kerr to not say too much before everything’s done.

Tiffoney has championship and premiership experience, so he did not say anything that was incorrect, he did not mention any particular  level of experience also did he not say 2 in his interview ? 

Edited by Robbo63

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Er, I am pretty sure thats the hand of Kevin Holt, using my pen, in my office and I took that photo which we use for signing news flashes. Have Ayr stolen my photo? Who do I speak to about copyright breach? 🤣

Are you serious?

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

About suing for copyright breach? No, I have better things to do with my life.

About it being Holty in my photo, yes. Absolutely.

Yeah I meant only about it being your photo. Can't believe we've done that. Need to get yourself one of those Shutterstock water marks.

Happy with our business, the Middlesbro boy is obviously rated and I always prefer getting a young promising unknown quantity as opposed to a mediocre journeymen who everyone knows what to expect from them and also knows their limitations.

They don't always work out of course but then again every signing is a risk and the likes of Kelly has been a revelation, as has Doohan, Houston is also up to the task and improving and Drinan has looked really good in his two matches. We know a little about Tiffoney and again he definitely has potential and offers something different again.

Gillespie has also come in with the higher league experience on his CV and at 28 is also a really good age.

Possibly even more importantly we haven't lost any of our first teamers and in the case of Doolan have got one of our senior players / higher earners off the wage bill.

All good for me...............

28 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Er, I am pretty sure thats the hand of Kevin Holt, using my pen, in my office and I took that photo which we use for signing news flashes. Have Ayr stolen my photo? Who do I speak to about copyright breach? 🤣

DM me.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I thought Gillespie was a signing from the Irish league? Is he just on loan as well?

I'm a wee bit concerned by the number of loans we're going to be relying on. It'll be fine for the run in but doesn't help us in the summer.

I’m not too concerned, if the stories are true Kerr is already working on bringing guys in for next season.

there are never really many decent players available in our budget in January and we probably used most of what was there to fund Houston’s transfer.

10 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I thought Gillespie was a signing from the Irish league? Is he just on loan as well?

I'm a wee bit concerned by the number of loans we're going to be relying on. It'll be fine for the run in but doesn't help us in the summer.

Gillespie has 6 months to prove if he is worth a contract next season