The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, rb123! said:
1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:
They all count in an international transfer. It has to go through FIFA so there's no discretion to ignore clubs below a certain level as we do here. He can probably go out on loan to another English club but he won't be able to cross-border.
It may or may not be a stupid rule, dependeng on your point of view but it's certainly well known enough that it's a surprise two Scottish clubs entertained having him on trial. Presumably they weren't aware he'd had two loan spells already.

Think it was because apparently one of the clubs he's been on loan at he only sat on the bench 7 times but never played any minutes for them. Can only presume the clubs thought that would allow for a loophole in the rules since he never played a minute for them

Ah, but you can only be REGISTERED to three clubs in a season and play for two. Ipswich were already his club registered to but not played for. If he's had two loan spells in England he's had three registered clubs already.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

In fairness you'd have thought Ipswich would have known this to begin with, since he's their player !!

Yeah I guess so. Same with Coventry last season. Although, you would've thought the club would learn from their mistakes instead of leaving it to the very last day. 

5 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

That news was Doolan has left the club , thought it would have been announced by now 

Apparently not going to Thistle. Back to the Juniors or even Morton? 🤔😉

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

In fairness you'd have thought Ipswich would have known this to begin with, since he's their player !!

As I said, he can probably still go on loan in England depending on the level (I'm not sure where they draw the line on enforcing the two clubs rule - we draw it at the bottom of the SPFL. You can play for half a dozen Lowand League clubs in the same season and nobody would bat an eyelid). Ipswich perhaps should have known it wasn't possible to loan him into Scotland but unless they regularly loan players cross border they may not have done.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

As I said, he can probably still go on loan in England depending on the level (I'm not sure where they draw the line on enforcing the two clubs rule - we draw it at the bottom of the SPFL. You can play for half a dozen Lowand League clubs in the same season and nobody would bat an eyelid). Ipswich perhaps should have known it wasn't possible to loan him into Scotland but unless they regularly loan players cross border they may not have done.

It seems he was on trial at one of the Dundee clubs so I'm assuming they didn't know either.

10 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Yeah I guess so. Same with Coventry last season. Although, you would've thought the club would learn from their mistakes instead of leaving it to the very last day. 

Didn’t leave to last day , guy came up very late Sunday and went home on Tuesday , Ayr were not given accurate information and took the correct decision when it was made known , it cost the team nothing as Ipswich incurred the costs 

Edited by Robbo63

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

We're just replacing players at this rate instead of adding to the squad.

But replacing players who were not going to get games to players who will , thus it is strengthening the team IMO , so building a better squad 2 out and so far 3 in with another at least 1 today , to me that’s  2 additions

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Kris Doolan must go down as one of the worst players to ever play to us, with regards to him hardly kicking a ball for us.

Tbh I kinda feel as if he never got a chance with us

Steve Cooper for me.

But replacing players who were not going to get games to players who will , thus it is strengthening the team IMO , so building a better squad 2 out and so far 3 in with another at least 1 today , to me that’s  2 additions
Another at least 1 today [emoji102]

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

You could say we've lost Doolan, McGuffie and Adams (possibly even include Ross).

and brought in Drinan, Gillespie & Tiffoney.

In fairness that looks like good business but from a squad size perspective I'd say we're definitely still a couple short, especially given Geggan and Moore are both now out and Murdoch unlikely to be involved much if at all.