The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:
57 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:
Rumours are sign a deal then loaned back , more news to come out soon re moves 

That will take us up to our maximum of 4 Scottish loans I'm pretty sure, means other signings must either be permanent or loans from down south

3 - Ross has gone and Houston is now fully signed

Doolan will be off to Partick, cause they've lost Rudden to a bad injury apparently

Wonder if Mark Kerr will be doing any singing pick ups on the way to firhill tomorrow.

Or maybe Fergus the dug will be left at Somerset tomorrow night to finalise any last minute deals

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If Doolan is away we probably need another 3 players CB,CM and Striker

Yes, agree with this.

McGuffie and Tiffoney is like for like and if Doolan or Forrest go we'll suddenly be in a Debit balance !!

The next few hours should be interesting..........

4 minutes ago, Iain said:

If Partick need Doolan because Rudden is out there should be a fee involved, you would think. Don't need to be doing them any favours.

If it frees up, by all accounts a decent wage, then you'd have to hope we shouldn't be too difficult to deal with. 

They could have had the Panda sitting on the bench given the contribution / opportunity that Doolan has been given. 

That wage can surely be put to better use elsewhere. 

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/corrie-ndaba-loan-to-ayr-united-falls-through-1-6490636

According to this Ndaba deal to us until the end of the season was agreed until it was found out we couldn't get him because he'd already been loaned to two English clubs already.

Pretty sure this happened with some kid down south last year McCall tried to sign, can't remember the name. Frustrating and a stupid rule.

Probably means Kerr will be scampering about for a CB now on loan aswell.

I reckon we'll be after a CB on loan, cental midfielder (Tidser/McShane?), striker if Doolan goes.

My main concern is we really only have the one RB, if Houston gets injured we're fucked, could do with a CB who could also play RB, which Ndaba could do...

Just now, rb123! said:

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/corrie-ndaba-loan-to-ayr-united-falls-through-1-6490636

According to this Ndaba deal to us until the end of the season was agreed until it was found out we couldn't get him because he'd already been loaned to two English clubs already.

Pretty sure this happened with some kid down south last year McCall tried to sign, can't remember the name. Frustrating and a stupid rule.

I reckon we'll be after a CB on loan, cental midfielder (Tidser/McShane?), striker if Doolan goes.

My main concern is we really only have the one RB, if Houston gets injured we're fucked, could do with a CB who could also play RB, which Ndaba could do...

Yeah, I remember allisani who was from Coventry. We had the same problem.

3 minutes ago, Iain said:

I'd noticed that when he was first mentioned, but assumed one of them must be so far down the pyramid that they didn't count. Really shouldn't have come as a surprise?

They all count in an international transfer. It has to go through FIFA so there's no discretion to ignore clubs below a certain level as we do here. He can probably go out on loan to another English club but he won't be able to cross-border.

It may or may not be a stupid rule, dependeng on your point of view but it's certainly well known enough that it's a surprise two Scottish clubs entertained having him on trial. Presumably they weren't aware he'd had two loan spells already.

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

My main concern is we really only have the one RB, if Houston gets injured we're fucked, could do with a CB who could also play RB, which Ndaba coulddo...

Ivory Coast winger, good left foot, very pacy. 

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

After Ndaba was training with the team, you would think the club would have a look at what club's he has been to so this situation wouldn't happen again like last year.

In fairness you'd have thought Ipswich would have known this to begin with, since he's their player !!

They all count in an international transfer. It has to go through FIFA so there's no discretion to ignore clubs below a certain level as we do here. He can probably go out on loan to another English club but he won't be able to cross-border.
It may or may not be a stupid rule, dependeng on your point of view but it's certainly well known enough that it's a surprise two Scottish clubs entertained having him on trial. Presumably they weren't aware he'd had two loan spells already.
Think it was because apparently one of the clubs he's been on loan at he only sat on the bench 7 times but never played any minutes for them. Can only presume the clubs thought that would allow for a loophole in the rules since he never played a minute for them