The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Craig McGuffie. Discuss.

I’ve been saying this forever now but he needs a run of games to show what he can do. I genuinely don’t think there’s much between him and Nicky Cadden for example.

Hope he does well just not against us.

I’ve been saying this forever now but he needs a run of games to show what he can do. I genuinely don’t think there’s much between him and Nicky Cadden for example.

Hope he does well just not against us.

Well that last line is particularly positive. Cadden is a baller.  

Well that last nine is particularly positive. Cadden is a baller.

I’m only basing that off of when we had them both last season for 6 months each.

Cadden was brought in and McGuffie loaned out but it was basically a like for like switch from McCall.

5 minutes ago, madton said:

What's his best position?

Hard to say, maybe wide right ? He's a bit like a throwback / old fashioned type of footballer who's got great control and can dribble with the ball. He's also got a very good strike on him.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Hard to say, maybe wide right ? He's a bit like a throwback / old fashioned type of footballer who's got great control and can dribble with the ball. He's also got a very good strike on him.

For me he is quite similar to Forrest in that you wouldn't say he is a winger. I actually thought he would suit playing in the 4-3-3 we were playing earlier in the season as he seemed to be good at the short passing game, and has an eye for a goal

At least you lot rate him which is promising after signing the laughing stock of Maryhill earlier in the week.

He took his goal very well in the 1st game of the season. 

Strange signing though in the respect that we have Nesbitt, Cadden, Colville and Salkeld who can all play in the wide positions so not convinced he is going to walk in and be a starter for us. Colville and Cadden have the jerseys at the moment.

Hopefully he can make an impact.

18 minutes ago, honestly united said:

For me he is quite similar to Forrest in that you wouldn't say he is a winger. I actually thought he would suit playing in the 4-3-3 we were playing earlier in the season as he seemed to be good at the short passing game, and has an eye for a goal

Yes, I wouldn't disagree with that, he doesn't have blistering pace but he is a very good footballer.

6 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I reckon if we are getting a signing today it will be around lunch time. 

Anything today should be after training and lunch which is roughly around 2.30, likely imminent about 3 and announced by 4 , if today is the day 

Edited by Robbo63

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Rather it was all today and not drag onto tomorrow with the game at night. Bantz  if they all fall through.

At least McGuffie has a chance to stay full time, probably end up proving McCall right.

100% THIS.

Get everything done and dusted today which will then let us concentrate on the game tomorrow night without any additional pressures or distractions.......