The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Two I remember are Jim Hughes with a near forty yarder which crashed in off the bar against Morton shortly before Burley became manager, and long distance mazy run from Tommy Bryce against Raith a year or two later. 

Shankland's effort against Partick is still one of my favourites though.

14 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

His experience, skills and background were somewhat exaggerated

That’s not true , when the club announced him , they clearly stated what he had done in the game ,they did not exaggerate anything , the reason Kerr picked him was because of what his strengths were to compensate for Kerrs lack of experience, no one can say the partnership does not work 

28 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Go back and read the announcement of him being appointed. His experience, skills and background were somewhat exaggerated. The reality was he was Kerr’s mate rather than a serious contender from within the game. Ultimately Kerr can appoint who he wants and the buck stops with him. They will both be measured by results. Good luck to McArdle as he’s obviously working hard to try and succeed within the game. He may go on to be a great manger by himself but at the time it was a left field appointment to assist someone else with no management experience  

What a very strange take. I don’t know how his experience has been exaggerated, given he’s been in the roles he said. 

50 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

What a very strange take. I don’t know how his experience has been exaggerated, given he’s been in the roles he said. 

The statement clearly said he was from Moodiesburn, but I haven't seen him in the Silver Larch once.

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

Two I remember are Jim Hughes with a near forty yarder which crashed in off the bar against Morton shortly before Burley became manager, and long distance mazy run from Tommy Bryce against Raith a year or two later. 

Shankland's effort against Partick is still one of my favourites though.

I think Paddy Connolly (mazy dribble) away to Raith is one of my all time favourite goals  

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

Go back and read the announcement of him being appointed. His experience, skills and background were somewhat exaggerated. The reality was he was Kerr’s mate rather than a serious contender from within the game. Ultimately Kerr can appoint who he wants and the buck stops with him. They will both be measured by results. Good luck to McArdle as he’s obviously working hard to try and succeed within the game. He may go on to be a great manger by himself but at the time it was a left field appointment to assist someone else with no management experience  

We're all fickle as has been shown on here time and time again but the facts as they currently stand are that our recent results and performances have been really good and our recruitment has also looked spot on so both Kerr and mcardle must be doing something right. There also appears to be an excellent team spirit and camaraderie amongst our boys so again that's a huge positive for me.

Who cares whether its coaching, stats or a mixture of both it's working and that's all that matters. 

Let's all just enjoy the good times while they're here as I'm sure there will be a setback lurking sooner or later as there always is.........

Just now, Jamie_M said:

Craig McGuffie. Discuss.

Has he signed? Been one of those players we’ve been waiting to make the break through for for about 3 years now, just never materialised. All managers rave about him in training, but never gets a run of games. Hope he does well. 

Has he signed? Been one of those players we’ve been waiting to make the break through for for about 3 years now, just never materialised. All managers rave about him in training, but never gets a run of games. Hope he does well. 
Yeah, 18 month deal.

Just now, Jamie_M said:
1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Yeah, 18 month deal.

Could be a good signing. Just needs to finally fulfil his potential. 

Just now, Jamie_M said:

2 goals against us this season obviously made him stand out even more.

Aye, looking back at his career here, he has scored some really important goals. A new club might see him kick on now.

Just now, Jamie_M said:

2 goals against us this season obviously made him stand out even more.

He's got bags of talent and just needs a run of games I'd reckon. Certainly should give you that "something different" and has probably suffered at Ayr due to us having lots of options in his particular position.

Good luck to him (but not against us of course).

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

That’s not true , when the club announced him , they clearly stated what he had done in the game ,they did not exaggerate anything , the reason Kerr picked him was because of what his strengths were to compensate for Kerrs lack of experience, no one can say the partnership does not work 

Spot on once again sir with regards to Mr McGuffie.............