The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I don’t get folk on the SRE! Posting about having to hear about kerrs statement in a newspaper! How else do you want to hear about it? The board should have made the statement- why? It’s the perfect medium that people are guaranteed to read! Some folk are never happy

The folks on the SRE are absolute loonies. A collection of flat earthers and conspiracy theorists. The best thing they did was make that group private. Now even if I am inclined to look I cant see anything... better for all concerned.

Do you think we are looking at any outgoings before Friday? Our bench yesterday was pretty strong (Hare-Reid, Hewitt, Roscoe, McCowan, McGuffie, Doolan, McKenzie). With Gillespie and two others to come in there’s every chance three of those players will drop out the match day 18 completely.  This isn’t even including Geggan or Moore. 

Depending on the positions of the new signings I’d look at loaning out the likes of Ecrepont/Hewitt, McKenzie and possibly McGuffie. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

Do you think we are looking at any outgoings before Friday? Our bench yesterday was pretty strong (Hare-Reid, Hewitt, Roscoe, McCowan, McGuffie, Doolan, McKenzie). With Gillespie and two others to come in there’s every chance three of those players will drop out the match day 18 completely.  This isn’t even including Geggan or Moore. 
Depending on the positions of the new signings I’d look at loaning out the likes of Ecrepont/Hewitt, McKenzie and possibly McGuffie. 

I think we’ll keep Hewitt and Ecrepont purely because it’s the only cover we have for full back. I know Kerr said Gillespie can play RB but Raith and Accies fans have said he’s awful there.

I can only see Docherty leaving tbh which I don’t think is great as it will only aid Partick in trying to stay up.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think we’ll keep Hewitt and Ecrepont purely because it’s the only cover we have for full back. I know Kerr said Gillespie can play RB but Raith and Accies fans have said he’s awful there.

I can only see Docherty leaving tbh which I don’t think is great as it will only aid Partick in trying to stay up.

I was told there will be players leaving in this window , no one to be too worried about though , that’s the message  I got , this excludes the Forrest rumours 

Edited by Robbo63

6 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I was told there will be players leaving in this window , no one to be too worried about though , that’s the message  I got , this excludes the Forrest rumours 

If it’s nothing to worry about then I presume it will just be our youngsters on loan? 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If it’s nothing to worry about then I presume it will just be our youngsters on loan? 

That would make sense tbh. Better they get game time on loan elsewhere rather than not making the matchday squad. The game time is the crucial bit though not like when we loaned McGuffie to Raith and he barely played. Also, In the event of injury or if we needed cover could we not just recall them?

38 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Based on his recent performances under no circumstances should we be selling Docherty especially not to that mob. 

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Based on his recent performances under no circumstances should we be selling Docherty especially not to that mob. 

I honestly cant see it.

Given we play them on the 31st January, there is no way we sell him before and he plays against us. After the match? There is only 3 hours until the window slams shut.

Unless Thistle offer silly money it's not worth it for us.

9 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Possibly a release , I am led to believe that club are still deciding over loan to end of season or just release now as contract will be up at end of season and player currently not looking like getting a new contract due to signings planned for next season  

Edited by Robbo63

Only player I can see getting released is Doolan and giving how much of a good influence he is around the dressing room I’d probably keep him.  

I wouldn’t say his career is over at Ayr! I think he’d play better alongside drinan with the knockdowns that could be a partnership that could flourish. Also if we released him I would want someone in to replace him and I don’t see a better player that would do that at the moment

9 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I wouldn’t say his career is over at Ayr! I think he’d play better alongside drinan with the knockdowns that could be a partnership that could flourish. Also if we released him I would want someone in to replace him and I don’t see a better player that would do that at the moment

Totally agree with this, however as seen on saturday he appears to be behind McKenzie in the pecking order now as well. 

30 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Ryan, we could sign you to the end of the season and you'd be a good replacement. 

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I don’t know mate I don’t think I could run the length of you! I’m bigger than kris Boyd! #fat #iateallthepies

Stand by it, that wage could be better used even not strengthening, that's money not spent that can go to upping someone's wage we want to stay.