The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Sounds encouraging, hopefully makes for a good atmosphere. Hopefully the home crowd will be up a bit with us also having won 4 in a row by then. 😁

I'd imagine so, seems to have caught the imagination of of fans who supported the clubs through the 80s.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd imagine so, seems to have caught the imagination of of fans who supported the clubs through the 80s.

St Johnstone fans , take note entry to Ayr games are ticket only , available 24/7 online through Ayr United website where tickets will be sent to your email and phone , try to buy in advance of game day as you only have 1 selling point for away fans to purchase tickets on the day and could result in a large queue 

21 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

St Johnstone fans , take note entry to Ayr games are ticket only , available 24/7 online through Ayr United website where tickets will be sent to your email and phone , try to buy in advance of game day as you only have 1 selling point for away fans to purchase tickets on the day and could result in a large queue 

Hopefully Saints will put up details of that once pricing etc. is all agreed 👍 

Message for Stjohnstone fans , Beverly the liaison officer for the club has already booked two buses into our bowling club at Hawkhill which is next to the ground, I have also advised her about the ticket situation and how to prevent queuing on the day.

The Nearest and usual car park at Craigie might not be open as it has a barrier across it now So I have advised her to contact the police to ask for this to be open, the alternative for buses might be at Dam Park which is a bit away.

other clubs within 10 minute walk from the ground are Peter Boyle, Craigie, and Northfield all should have contact numbers on there websites

Message for Stjohnstone fans , Beverly the liaison officer for the club has already booked two buses into our bowling club at Hawkhill which is next to the ground, I have also advised her about the ticket situation and how to prevent queuing on the day.
The Nearest and usual car park at Craigie might not be open as it has a barrier across it now So I have advised her to contact the police to ask for this to be open, the alternative for buses might be at Dam Park which is a bit away.
other clubs within 10 minute walk from the ground are Peter Boyle, Craigie, and Northfield all should have contact numbers on there websites
You might want to put that on the match thread in the Cups section as well.

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Moffat's return to form is encouraging. It was also good to hear Kerr suggesting Moff would be here for another couple of years in his post match interview.

Also encouraging that Kerr is looking at two additions. I'm hoping for another central midfielder and central defender.

Really good interview with Mark Kerr he speaks very well  even added that you hope to make 2 signing this week .

Listen to Alan Johnston at Queens clueless says the same thing every week 

"We know the teams that are in for Alan. He was outstanding and worked so hard. But it doesn’t concern us as teams will always come and try to take our boys.

Our board is offering more than we’ve ever offered to players who are going out of contract because we want to keep them here and they want to keep this group together.

We’ve not given up hope of keeping him. We had a board meeting last week and there’s been a positive push on every front."

"We know the teams that are in for Alan. He was outstanding and worked so hard. But it doesn’t concern us as teams will always come and try to take our boys.
Our board is offering more than we’ve ever offered to players who are going out of contract because we want to keep them here and they want to keep this group together.
We’ve not given up hope of keeping him. We had a board meeting last week and there’s been a positive push on every front."
Imagine Harvey and Forrest resigning for Ayr after Jobby said we had no right to try and keep them and both of them playing premiership football for Ayr whilst the Jobby snake belly slides to the seaside league

There’s definitely been a shift in how we’re approaching the issue of players being poached. Obviously we’ve lost Doc but Kerr doesn’t seem to be resigning himself to defeat like McCall has done. You got the feeling with McCall that he was telling us we were lucky to have guys like Devlin, Harvie and Rose which made it seem like we could be pushed around by bigger clubs.

No doubt David Smith will have made a difference and will have allowed us to offer better contracts and I still think Forrest and Harvie will leave but Kerr is going about things the right way.

On 24/01/2020 at 18:30, D'Jaffo said:

What’s the closest to kick off you can sign someone? Is there a registration cut off that you have to adhere to that prevent us announcing and then playing someone tomorrow?

On 24/01/2020 at 18:35, Robbo63 said:

Used to be an hour before kick off , don’t know if it’s changed recently, Skyline Drifter normally up to date with this sort of question !!

The "hour before kick off" thing was an SFL rule. Hasn't existed since it was wound up 7 years ago. While the SPFL had its own Registrations Dept the answer was 5pm on Fridays. But the SPFL closed its Registrations Dept about 5 years ago and shifted all responsibility for player registrations entirely to the SFA. There is now no cut off point as such. It's against the rules to play someone who is not registered to you. The SFA usually have someone either in the office on Saturdays till lunchtime or alternately monitoring remotely and able to approve signings. However, it's not a promise. Basically if a player is registered and added to your online player list then you can play him. If he isn't then you can't. In theory you could name a player in your team at 1:45pm when handing the teamline to the referee who isn't actually signed yet, then get the paperwork signed and uploaded and get someone at the SFA to clear him between then and kick off! In practice only a madman would take that risk.

In practice, 99 times out of a hundred, if you sign someone on Saturday morning and correctly upload the paperwork immediately he'll be clear to play by noon. If you warn them in advance that something is going to be lodged at 12:30 I imagine someone would either make sure they were available to approve it or confirm in advance that nobody would be so at least you knew where you stood.

4 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Where/who is this quote from?

Very very positive from the board. 👍

19 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Diego you've just managed to talk down both kerr and McCall in the same post. I dread to think how you felt about the previous collection of managers in the last 15 years.

I didn't talk down Kerr at all, I think the last two games have shown a new approach I don't think I have seen since Daziels cup runs, where teams have been set up completely different to nullify opponents. For a lot of the first half, Moffat who is normally the furthest man up the pitch, was covering at left back. 

My talking down of McCall was in regards to playing the same way all the time and not adapting to the teams we will play. I am 100% certain we would have lost the last two games under McCall. both he and the fans would have accepted it as we don't have big, physical players to compete against them etc and the fact we always lose to them. He never had a plan B and the first couple of months of Kerrs reign looked to be the same. It will be interesting to see how we handle going behind in a game now and what changes are made to try and win it. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Quote from Kerr in the Daily Record.

Thanks, found it now. That is ace.

I'm pleased that we have changed approach in this regard. We should be doing all we can to retain our best players and sell them on, on our terms. I have been getting fed up of losing players for sweet fa. Obviously, the board has now as well.

Genuinely, if we had guys like Shankland, Rose & Crawford on contracts at the end of last season we could have made a bit of dough. This season could be very similar if Harvie & Forrest leave us. Although, it sounds like the club have done their upmost to retain them.

All very positive, at this rate I'm in danger of becoming a happy clapper.

no way smh GIF