The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What’s the closest to kick off you can sign someone? Is there a registration cut off that you have to adhere to that prevent us announcing and then playing someone tomorrow?

Used to be an hour before kick off , don’t know if it’s changed recently, Skyline Drifter normally up to date with this sort of question !!

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What’s the closest to kick off you can sign someone? Is there a registration cut off that you have to adhere to that prevent us announcing and then playing someone tomorrow?

Are you suggesting we’re signing someone tonight?

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m not ITK but was more thinking about signing someone tomorrow. Just an idea.

If anyone signs , can’t see them being involved in starting line up tomorrow, team is picked and formation used at today’s training session 

15 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

I would say Tidser is the better player. He provided assists and can see he is a classy player on the ball. Not quite sure what happened to him at Falkirk tbh. He failed under two management teams and although he was never great, he wasn’t shocking either to merit being frozen out. Quite possibly something behind the scenes has went on. He looks really immobile and lacks any energy, which doesn’t suit a league at 100mph with very little skill. 

Perhaps he'll get back his mojo with a move to Somerset. 

If Gillespie is more of a defensive midfielder that might mean McShane would be less likely to be on our radar. 

Unless Doc leaves for Maryhill on payment of an acceptable fee.

14 minutes ago, yorkshirepud said:

That's unfair. They at least scored in their last league defeat, after failing to score in any of the 6 games in December when they picked up 1 solitary point. 1 point and 1 goal in 7 games. If they can keep that form going please......

I'm sure we're really qualified to gloat from our Championship play off place. 

Privately we'd love to be in their position, anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves. 

I've joined in over the years with cross County rivalries as much as the next person and some HP spats with Sideshow Bob were the stuff of legend, but the time we've been apart really takes off a massive element of the rivalry. In short I'm not that greatly fussed what they're upto. 

Privately we'd love to be in their position, anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves. 
I've joined in over the years with cross County rivalries as much as the next person and some HP spats with Sideshow Bob were the stuff of legend, but the time we've been apart really takes off a massive element of the rivalry. In short I'm not that greatly fussed what they're upto. 
Don't disagree. It just irks that they went up in 2nd place when it was 2 up 2 down into a 10 team top division and have finished 2nd bottom repeatedly without being relegated. The only reason they have stayed as long as they have is they are possibly the biggest benefactors of the self-preservation league's gerrymandering of 1 up 1 down. Having said that we would probably have missed playing them if they had got their comeuppance as we would likely have been down in the seaside league.

8 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

You’re right. It’s definitely not hilarious that their manager, who has lost five league games out of five, thinks they’re going in the right direction. Obvious he meant ‘relative to Ayr United we’re doing wellI’.

What a difference a couple of weeks makes. Mark Kerr going a long way to getting fans back on side. Three wins and three clean sheets on the bounce.  A defence who looked very dodgy now looking pretty solid. We also seem to be able to win games ugly something I think we lacked when McCall was here. It was quite often all or nothing. 

Hopefully a couple of additions this week then we will be ready for the remainder of the season and the race for 2nd. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What a difference a couple of weeks makes. Mark Kerr going a long way to getting fans back on side. Three wins and three clean sheets on the bounce.  A defence who looked very dodgy now looking pretty solid. We also seem to be able to win games ugly something I think we lacked when McCall was here. It was quite often all or nothing. 

Hopefully a couple of additions this week then we will be ready for the remainder of the season and the race for 2nd. 

Have you taken to him now , after your outburst when he took over ? This is not a dig , just interested in your opinion of him now 

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We've drawn once in our 21 league games, it would appear its still all or nothing. Just a different version of it perhaps.

4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Have you taken to him now , after your outburst when he took over ? This is not a dig , just interested in your opinion of him now 

That’s hardly fair, it’s two different things. People react to the appointment by comparing it to what they saw as the viable alternatives, but opinions now are based on how he’s started in the job. Almost everyone that didn’t like the appointment will have swiftly set that aside to give the guy a chance.

8 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

The last few results have done him no harm. If we get another 2 or 3 (ideally a CB, CM and winger) I’ll be upbeat about the reminder of the season. 

I can’t honestly have a go at anyone who doubted Kerr. He has no track record to turn to and even I was unsure how he’d react to our slump.

I said I’d judge him after January based on results and signings. He’s got a week left on the signings front and one more big test however so far he’s really turned things around.