The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Would still start Kerr tomorrow but with Gillespie already been training with them for a few weeks expect he'll start  instead
Does he look after the ball like Kerr? Or more of a destroyer like geggan? Or somewhere in the middle?

I can't think of him at all at Dundee United.

Glad to get another body in though.

Does he look after the ball like Kerr? Or more of a destroyer like geggan? Or somewhere in the middle?

He was only at Dundee United for a few months the year we won League 1.

If he’s replacing anyone in midfield then I’d imagine it would be Docherty.

20 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I was told that he's similar to Alex Neil, apparently he's a good passer but also a terrier type in the middle of the park who always puts in a shift.

I'm assuming he's a Duncan George, Marvin Wilson, Ross Docherty type ??

29 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I was told that he's similar to Alex Neil, apparently he's a good passer but also a terrier type in the middle of the park who always puts in a shift.

I'm assuming he's a Duncan George, Marvin Wilson, Ross Docherty type ??

He'd be worth £2m if that description is even remotely accurate. 😉

10 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Cue Falkirk fans coming onto say both aren't upto it. 😂😂

Would take both. 

I would say Tidser is the better player. He provided assists and can see he is a classy player on the ball. Not quite sure what happened to him at Falkirk tbh. He failed under two management teams and although he was never great, he wasn’t shocking either to merit being frozen out. Quite possibly something behind the scenes has went on. He looks really immobile and lacks any energy, which doesn’t suit a league at 100mph with very little skill. 

Wouldn't be surprised if tidser went back to Morton but as others have said I'd take either.

Weird time for Falkirk to announce as it's usually announced about half an hour later that the player has signed for his new club, we certainly won't be signing at this time of night I wouldn't have thought.

Makes me think he's going somewhere that isn't ayr but could be wrong

12 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

I would say Tidser is the better player. He provided assists and can see he is a classy player on the ball. Not quite sure what happened to him at Falkirk tbh. He failed under two management teams and although he was never great, he wasn’t shocking either to merit being frozen out. Quite possibly something behind the scenes has went on. He looks really immobile and lacks any energy, which doesn’t suit a league at 100mph with very little skill. 

Perhaps he'll get back his mojo with a move to Somerset. 

If Gillespie is more of a defensive midfielder that might mean McShane would be less likely to be on our radar. 

Unless Doc leaves for Maryhill on payment of an acceptable fee.

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Wouldn't be surprised if tidser went back to Morton but as others have said I'd take either.

Weird time for Falkirk to announce as it's usually announced about half an hour later that the player has signed for his new club, we certainly won't be signing at this time of night I wouldn't have thought.

Makes me think he's going somewhere that isn't ayr but could be wrong

I honestly don’t think he is right for us   as someone has posted above ,my friend is a sponsor at Falkirk and said he looks like he is running in treacle , good passer and thinks he is past championship level , he thinks he could potentially link up with McKinnon at Queens Park 

Edited by Robbo63

I honestly don’t think he is right for us   as someone has posted above ,my friend is a sponsor at Falkirk and said he looks like he is running in treacle , good passer and thinks he is past championship level , he thinks he could potentially link up with McKinnon at Queens Park 
So you're saying it ain't tidser we're signing then [emoji102]

Tidser was on a big wage with us apparently, could be a stumbling block for yous, I'd say McShane be on a bit less. I wouldn't be surprised to see one or both rock up at Queen's Park. Given they signed Ross MacLean from us earlier. Ray likes an ex player and qp are apparently being bankrolled by Willie Haughey now they are professional.

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It sounds as though McShane is probably the more mobile player whilst Tidser is slower but better on the ball which is basically what Kerr is.

I’d be delighted with either of them tbh.

If only we had Star Trek transporter technology we could sign them both and then rig a transporter "accident" which melded the two into one and then we could have a decent player on our hands.

Although I'm sure Falkirk would probably have tried that before us had the technology been available. Damn. foiled again..............

If only we had Star Trek transporter technology we could sign them both and then rig a transporter "accident" which melded the two into one and then we could have a decent player on our hands.
Although I'm sure Falkirk would probably have tried that before us had the technology been available. Damn. foiled again..............

Right mate put down that bong!