The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Grant Gillespie has signed...bit underwhelmed I'm not gonna lie. 

Have you seen him play ? Just looking to see why you are underwhelmed , Lots of people said why are we signing a young boy from Ipswich on loan , he looked pretty decent on Saturday 

Gillespie has played 200 games for Hamilton and then Dundee  United , Raith  Rovers  and Derry City , experience is what’s needed 

Edited by Robbo63

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

Im I right in thinking we can sign loans outside the window, so maybe waiting for actual signing first before turning to them? I would assume we will make some loan signing as why else would we push through Houston signing if we didn't have them lined up. Also is anyone else surprised we paid a fee to get Houston? I was under the impression Rangers were going to free him at the end of the season, were we worried someone else might steal him first if we waited until June?

No, you can't sign loans outside the window. Other than 7 day emergency loans for goalkeepers only in the case of a medically verifiable injury or illness or international call ups.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

I'm assuming it was the token gesture £1.00 or something in order to get around SFA red tape ???

Robbo etc may be able to help further with this ??

An 'undisclosed fee' may not necessarily mean cash at this time (though granted Robbo's reply suggests it did). It could easily be a % of a future fee for instance.