The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Not been a bad window, so far, certainly could have been worse when you look at how other teams have faired, Partick excluded.

Actually wouldn't mind seeing a RM come in, although it's def not the priority. Absolutely need a CM.

Next week should be interesting anyway.

Yeah, I'd imagine you are right.
Pretty pleased about this, hopefully more to come tomorrow - 2 central midfielders and another centre half required for me.

Yeah that’s what I’d like ideally. Unless Forrest goes I don’t think there’s a real need to bring another wide player in unless Kerr feels he’ll really make us better.

He could only be seeing how his team mate gets on but I notice Ipswich CB Corrie Ndaba is following the club on Twitter. However he also follows Dundee who were linked with him earlier this month so it might mean nothing.

Dundee United tried to get him last January and were told he wasn’t far away from the first team but I’m not sure if he’s broken through yet.

13 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

He could only be seeing how his team mate gets on but I notice Ipswich CB Corrie Ndaba is following the club on Twitter. However he also follows Dundee who were linked with him earlier this month so it might mean nothing.

Cracking name. I’d be tempted to change my name on here if he signed. 

35 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Not been a bad window, so far, certainly could have been worse when you look at how other teams have faired, Partick excluded.

Actually wouldn't mind seeing a RM come in, although it's def not the priority. Absolutely need a CM.

Next week should be interesting anyway.

The dream would be bringing in a CB, CM and winger. 

41 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah that’s what I’d like ideally. Unless Forrest goes I don’t think there’s a real need to bring another wide player in unless Kerr feels he’ll really make us better.

Would agree with that.

Call me mad but I have the smallest feeling that Forrest might stick with us next year. It's based on nothing of substance and totally irrational just a feeling. 

12 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Would agree with that.

Call me mad but I have the smallest feeling that Forrest might stick with us next year. It's based on nothing of substance and totally irrational just a feeling. 

Definitely not going to Partick , has an offer from Ayr , but I think he sees his future somewhere else , you never know his heart might overrule his head , think we will know his decision sooner rather than later 

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Definitely not going to Partick , has an offer from Ayr , but I think he sees his future somewhere else , you never know his heart might overrule his head , think we will know his decision sooner rather than later 

Good to know Robbo. 👍

Selfishly, I'm definitely hoping his heart rules his head for 1 more year!

Any truth in the Ipswich defender or just fans putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5?

This might be really unpopular but if Forrest does leave I wouldn't be bothered as much as maybe a couple of months ago. He has really dipped in form since McCall left. I know i can't judge him over a couple of months. But if he keep's carrying on this form, i can't see a future with him and Kerr. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Any truth in the Ipswich defender or just fans putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5?

Nothing impossible at this moment , good vibes coming out today , Kerr seems happy with backing from board and the added £10k funds from the AU500 ( well done to all fans who contributed) that sealed the Houston deal , Rangers did not let him go cheaply , Ayr had to pay what is a decent fee for their standard , Rangers classed it as minimal 

20 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Do you mind me asking how you know he is definitely not going to Firhill? Was not you said you had heard we had offered to double his wages and was going(apologies if it wasn’t). 

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

This might be really unpopular but if Forrest does leave I wouldn't be bothered as much as maybe a couple of months ago. He has really dipped in form since McCall left. I know i can't judge him over a couple of months. But if he keep's carrying on this form, i can't see a future with him and Kerr. 

Bit unfair on Forrest , he has played the way he has for a couple of years  ( being inconsistent) a number of fans on SRE  are now saying these sort of things as it is likely he is moving on , if he announced he was signing a new contract I think there would have been NO negative comments 

1 minute ago, third lanark said:

Do you mind me asking how you know he is definitely not going to Firhill? Was not you said you had heard we had offered to double his wages and was going(apologies if it wasn’t). 

You offered decent money , he does not see eye to eye with your gaffer and I can guarantee he is not signing with Thistle , and it was not me who stated he was going as I have known for a long time he was not going Thistle , I always said he was destined for a Premiership team 

Edited by Robbo63

Think it was Livi but he never said that’s where he was definitely going.

2 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Because he’s not an idiot*

*I reserve the right to change my opinion on this if he does sign for Thistle. 

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

You offered decent money , he does not see eye to eye with your gaffer and I can guarantee he is not signing with Thistle , and it was not me who stated he was going as I have known for a long time he was not going Thistle , I always said he was destined for a Premiership team 

Thanks for the info 😉

don’t doubt he would be a success at a premiership team