The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Personally I can't see Forrest or Harvie going to Partick, would be a waste of their time to move sideways for another year in this league. Robbie Crawford has made the step up and is going well. No reason why they can't either. 
If the rumours are to be believed, Livi would be a far better fit for Forrest if he's ambitious. Straight away he's in the shop window for a bigger move rather than playing it safe in a league he's comfortable in. Harvie, has apparently been scouted by Motherwell with Stephen Robinson coming to watch him a few weeks ago. Assuming Robinson isn't in the jail by the end of the season that would be a great move.  We might even get a cheeky offer if Turnbull moves to Celtic now he's fully fit again.

The Partick rumours are being fuelled by one of their fans on twitter, who in the past hasn't been the most accurate.....although better hit rate than Agent Scotland. 

On the cup tie, it is another opportunity for an "upset" and a decent shot at getting into the real money rounds. Does anyone know what the prize money breakdown is in the Scottish? I've been struggling to find anything on google other than the league split. 

6 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I am sure it’s pretty crap money , last time a saw something it was 

£12,000 per team in last 16 

£15,000 for last 8 

£18,000 semi final 

Runners Up  £30,000

Winners £60,000

Then TV money etc 

Cheers, so basically it is worth an extra 6-700 folk through the gate to be in this round (before splitting). 
Seems to be the worlds best kept secret, maybe due to the pittance on offer. 

£15,000 for last 8 

£18,000 semi final 

Runners Up  £30,000

Winners £60,000

Then TV money etc 

I believe that’s on top of money for previous rounds 

Teams knocked out on Saturday I understand got £9,000

It's a long time since you saw it then. They vastly increased the prize money three years ago and dropped the tv money down for live games. Teams playing on Saturday there got £20,000. You'll get another £40,000 for playing in the next round. Were you to get past St Johnstone you'd get a further £80,000 in prize money.

£15,000 for last 8 

£18,000 semi final 

Runners Up  £30,000

Winners £60,000

Then TV money etc 

I believe that’s on top of money for previous rounds 

Teams knocked out on Saturday I understand got £9,000

If true, that's criminal for a National Cup competition. The tie is very similar to the Ross County tie in the previous round, winnable but going into it as underdogs. It's a free hit and allows us to again compare first hand what bottom 6 SPL teams are all about and the standard we should be aiming for as a minimum. 

11 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It's a long time since you saw it then. They vastly increased the prize money three years ago and dropped the tv money down for live games. Teams playing on Saturday there got £20,000. You'll get another £40,000 for playing in the next round. Were you to get past St Johnstone you'd get a further £80,000 in prize money.

Went up a great deal since  2018  season then   as the figures I got were  from then , last updated figures I have seen 

Thanks for getting more precise figures 

Edited by Robbo63

13 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Went up a great deal since  2018  season then   as the figures I got were  from then , last updated figures I have seen 

Thanks for getting more precise figures 

They haven't changed since the 2016/17 season which was the last one using the figures you provided. 17/18 and 18/19 both used the model I gave.

34 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Think it was the tv money that is reduced - did it not go from £80,000 down to £20,000?

Just now, Ayr23 said:

I've heard that we're moving to Joma kits next year and that's why we've had the 50% off sale on all the Adidas gear. Could be a good chance to get a bespoke top designed, rather than one out of a catalogue!

100% we are NOT moving to Joma  , new strips already being produced , both are very decent , launched early April , 

Has Houston signed on yet? If not maybe an imminent over the next few days 

He’s now cup tied as is Doolan, I doubt Rangers would have allowed him to play on Saturday if they needed him for cover or were moving him on to a different club
Unless that club was already out obviously.

Looks like he’ll be here for the season

100% we are NOT moving to Joma  , new strips already being produced , both are very decent , launched early April , 
Hmmm not what I've heard... I've got a VERY reliable source, works for Joma and I've had images of the new kits.

1 minute ago, Ayr23 said:
5 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Hmmm not what I've heard... I've got a VERY reliable source, works for Joma and I've had images of the new kits.

Well I can tell you the person has given you wrong information, I have personally seen the strips and personally know the guy who is providing them , not trying to be smug , I am just giving you 100% accurate information and I can guarantee it not Joma 

8 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Purple away strip again? 😍

Certainly a bespoke  away top , will be popular I think , different to what we have had for a few years , can’t say anymore , hope that gets folk interested awaiting its launch 

Edited by Robbo63

10 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Certainly a bespoke  away top , will be popular I think , different to what we have had for a few years , can’t say anymore , hope that gets folk interested awaiting its launch 

The purple and green machine

ETA: I know f**k all, I'm just dreaming of Horace & co

Edited by itzdrk

6 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

What a player, anyone know what happened to the wee man? who knows what would have happened if he stayed fit.Screenshot_2020-01-20-13-11-49.jpeg

One of my all time favourite Ayr players, absolute class..........