The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 hours ago, pandarilla said:

He seems to have organised our defence.

The Dundee United game was an outlier because of the penalty, red card, and ridiculous offside against Moore when clean through.

Apparently we weren't brilliant at Dunfermline or today - but two clean sheets. Strong foundations hopefully.

Wildly disagree

Wildly disagree

Aye

We were solid today whilst camped in our own box and the three centre backs were able to just header everything that came there way. They all played well today no doubt.

When we play a higher line however I don’t really like any of our options. A quick centre back who is at least semi competent with the ball is a must imo.

11 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

A great result and hard working display that gives me a wee bit of confidence for next Saturday. Love feeling excited about tomorrow's draw despite probably getting Livingston.

Livingston at Somerset would be good IMO

3 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Home tie works for me. Its Scotland v England in the rugger at 1645 that day so any away tie near Edinburgh will be a right pain in the proverbial.

Tynecastle confirmed

13 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Really?

It's been a while since we had two consecutive clean sheets.

It is, they have done excellently to get those clean sheets but have looked so shaky at the back while doing so. 

It is, they have done excellently to get those clean sheets but have looked so shaky at the back while doing so. 

Other than one or two brief moments we didn’t look shaky at the back whatsoever yesterday. It’s not really possible to get through an entire game with no dodgy moments at all though.

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Other than one or two brief moments we didn’t look shaky at the back whatsoever yesterday. It’s not really possible to get through an entire game with no dodgy moments at all though.

Of course not, you also will concede goals in the majority of matches you play as is the nature of football.  

I like how solid we look with the back 5, if we had a spare centre back and a box to box midfielder that might be an option to return to depending on our end of season aspirations

I'm more than happy to eat a nice large slice of humble pie after watching Drinan yesterday as I thought he was excellent and gives us that physicality up top which we've been missing for years. He's quick, got a decent touch, works tirelessly and links up play very well. All good and a great debut from the boy against higher league opposition and very experienced players.

I thought the whole team played well yesterday but standout for me was Doc.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Not enough being made of Bell's headed goal yesterday. 

To get that accuracy and power from a corner kick swinging away from goal, and from that distance, was excellent in both its technique and execution. 

Roll on the Cup draw. 

Aye. When you see it from the Sportscene highlights it's a fantastic header