The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Does anyone know if we've even offered the likes of Harvie and Forrest new contracts or are we not even bothering our arse to do that.

They were both offered decent contracts , both want to further their careers and we cannot match what these big budget clubs can offer , even if McCall was still here these 2 players were going at end of season 

Edited by Robbo63

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Exactly however we apparently never bothered to offer Nicky Devlin anything when he left. 

That’s not true , ask him he will not be shy to tell you that he wanted to try somewhere else , 

Edited by Robbo63

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Exactly however we apparently never bothered to offer Nicky Devlin anything when he left. 

"Hi Nicky we know we sat down last week and you indicated you've got your heart set on playing in England on wages we could never compete with, any chance you'll reconsider and stay for much less than Walsall can give you? Here's our formal offer for you to consider, go on, go on, go on, go on. 

Comedy value on here tonight.

Devlin on not getting an "offer" :

forrest gump running GIF

Edited by BukyOHare

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

This window is going the exact same way as last January wanting, missing out on the number 1 targets and ending up scraping the barrel for the shit bits at the end of the month.

Last January McCall wanted Stefan Scougall and Chris Erskine and we ended up with fucking Nicky Cadden and Calvin Miller.

Erskine is shite anyway those two are better players in the same position.  

If a player has told they club that they'll be moving on at the end of the season then there's a fair chance they won't be offered a new deal. If they change their mind then a contract would be offered.

John Robertson has already said that some of his players have notified him they won't be here next season. I doubt his first priority will be to sit them down and try to get them to sign a new deal. It would be futile. 

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Biggest minter is you thinking it was a serious suggestion. 

I didn't, however just to inform you that a "minter" in my language actually means something that's really good.

As in,

"you should have seen the goal he scored it was a minter"

or

"Have you seen the new Mercedes cabriolet ?, it's a pure minter"

So Thanks for that...............

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

@Robbo63

You any idea who turned us down? Or is it just the same ones as Kerr previously referred to?

I am under the impression it is who we were looking at in Oct/Nov one is Sibbald I believe , he was almost certain until breaking into team in last 3/4 weeks , number of talks done but most players are waiting to nearer deadline day to see if better offers come in , not just with us a number of clubs are in same position 

If we get 1500 at home on sat we will be doing well .the thing that annoys me is the amount of lapsed fans we have .fair weather fans .I only go too the big games mentality .We have shown on numerous occasions in last couple seasons that we can and have had home crowds off 2500.

4000 for playoff final ,4000 for cup game against the scum .that's half the trouble with this club. Lazy support .the same folk that go on too the sre and talk pish are the same fans sitting in the house on a Saturday.  Also If forest goes in January then it's time for mcguuffie too step up .boys got loads of talent all he needs is too have a run of games in the 1st team .rant over .

9 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I am under the impression it is who we were looking at in Oct/Nov one is Sibbald I believe , he was almost certain until breaking into team in last 3/4 weeks , number of talks done but most players are waiting to nearer deadline day to see if better offers come in , not just with us a number of clubs are in same position 

Nothing like the fear of having to come to Ayr to kick your arse into gear 😂

11 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

If we get 1500 at home on sat we will be doing well .the thing that annoys me is the amount of lapsed fans we have .fair weather fans .I only go too the big games mentality .We have shown on numerous occasions in last couple seasons that we can and have had home crowds off 2500.

4000 for playoff final ,4000 for cup game against the scum .that's half the trouble with this club. Lazy support .the same folk that go on too the sre and talk pish are the same fans sitting in the house on a Saturday.  

No doubt attendances are frustrating, given where we are its not great. We've gone backwards, I felt we were steadily improving the crowd year on year but this year feels like it has definitely dropped.

We are not alone in this though, with the exception of a couple of the bigger clubs in Scotland the rest are doing well to retain the fans they have let alone grow the attendances.