The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

There's surely a difference between ambition and paying hugely inflated wages on one player with lots to prove to get his career back on track. 

We'd all like a big house out Racecourse Road and have a McLaren f1 in the drive and take the kids to Disneyland twice a year. If we don't have these things in our life is this showing a lack of ambition? No it's called being able to pay for what your budget dictates. 

Let's all bring a friend to the next home game and see if we can get to 2000 fans. 🤔 Like it or not that's the square root of our biggest problem. 

Spend what your budget dictates. It's really that simple. You either increase your income or reduce your expenses. 

Letting your best players leave for free isn't a way to increase your income. 

Edited by BukyOHare

Nothing to get to excited about in the AP. Kerr has been knocked back by a couple of players and admits it’s been a frustrating window so far but is prepared to wait.  Sounds like Andy Geggans injury could be long term as he needs a scan on his knee. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Nothing to get to excited about in the AP. Kerr has been knocked back by a couple of players and admits it’s been a frustrating window so far but is prepared to wait.  Sounds like Andy Geggans injury could be long term as he needs a scan on his knee. 

Hang in there Kerrso, welcome to management. 

I'm keeping the faith until the 31st of the month at least... 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Ah the joys of the January window.

Tidser is probably one that knocked him back. 

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Sibbald being one perhaps? False news. 

The Ayrshire Post should concentrate their efforts on their pal up Maryhill way. 🐍🐍

24 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Ahhhhh nothing like a good old bit of optimism from the AP to keep the fans buzzing.

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Ahhhhh nothing like a good old bit of optimism from the AP to keep the fans buzzing.

I’m usually one of the more glass half full, but there’s genuinely nothing to be excited about just now. Losing players, no one wanting to sign, poor run of form (could easily have been 2 or 3 down before Moore scored at Dunfermline) we could really be doing with some exciting news. Think we’ll struggle to have 1k home fans on Saturday.

This window is going the exact same way as last January wanting, missing out on the number 1 targets and ending up scraping the barrel for the shit bits at the end of the month.

Last January McCall wanted Stefan Scougall and Chris Erskine and we ended up with fucking Nicky Cadden and Calvin Miller.

28 minutes ago, rb123! said:

This window is going the exact same way as last January wanting, missing out on the number 1 targets and ending up scraping the barrel for the shit bits at the end of the month.

Last January McCall wanted Stefan Scougall and Chris Erskine and we ended up with fucking Nicky Cadden and Calvin Miller.

In fairness Nicky Cadden should have been a very good signing for us. He’s being Morton’s best player this season. 

Aye Geggan will be gone for the season, surprised it has taken him so long this season to get crocked tbh.

Official knicker wetting and panic buttons are being pressed over lack of signings, we've halfway through January for f**k sake man.

JUST SIGN SOMEONE 

45 minutes ago, rb123! said:

If players like Sibbald are now back in favour is that anyone's fault, is it really? You move on and identify others and I'm sure thats what's happening. 

With regards to Cadden and Miller, there's been worse players in our history played for us and I'd take both right now. 

Is there any update on Houston anywhere? Apologies if I missed it, with Geggan injured it's even more imperative Houston stays.

January is always a tough window. It's very hard to get it right.  Last January, on paper Cadden and Miller looked like good additions but both weren't an improvement on what we had.

Our best January has to be signing Bell and Kerr, definitely helped our push to the title that year.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:
4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:
I hardly think they are going to tell the club don’t bother offering me anything cause I won’t be signing regardless. 

And I hardly think the club are going to forget to discuss their contract with them.

Exactly however we apparently never bothered to offer Nicky Devlin anything when he left.