The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Yep, but you'd still not be the favourite, which would be us (Or Hearts dependent if they came down).

Hearts coming down of course. Livingston have shown you no longer need to be favourites or near it to get promotion- just a good bunch of battling players (we don’t currently have that unfortunately)

Sorry it was Jordan Houston I meant don’t think there is any serious link between us and wardrop 

In any case if Sam Wardrop was available and fit to play he’d be a pretty able replacement for Houston should you lot sign him.

1 minute ago, third lanark said:

Hearts coming down of course. Livingston have shown you no longer need to be favourites or near it to get promotion- just a good bunch of battling players (we don’t currently have that unfortunately)

Absolutely. Neither do we! I don't think there's any that do this season hence how United are absolutely strolling it with just the right talent in the right places.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Absolutely. Neither do we! I don't think there's any that do this season hence how United are absolutely strolling it with just the right talent in the right places.

To be fair you guys have a good chance of playoffs though mate, it’s really just down to survival for us

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

A centre back pairing of Brownlie and McCart next season would probably be the best pairing in the league.

Cammy Smith has already shown he can be a standout in this league with St Mirren and with either Graham or Rudden in front of him you’d be well covered up front.

Brownlie is gash and McCart is meh. Agree with the rest though. Rudden will easily be the striker in the league aside from Shankland and possibly Nisbet. 

Brownlie is gash and McCart is meh. Agree with the rest though. Rudden will easily be the striker in the league aside from Shankland and possibly Nisbet. 

Brownlie was worse than gash with us and a complete dick as well but he’s improved since then imo.

25 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Brownlie was worse than gash with us and a complete dick as well but he’s improved since then imo.

Brownlie was 18 when he played for Ayr! He is 25 now and he's been outstanding this year. I don't think I've seen a centre half at this level I'd swap him for this season. He is in his 5th season with us now and he was a bit of a bombscare at times in the first three. He split supporter opinion a bit. He obviously had talent. He's big, strong, powerful in the air and pretty quick for good measure but he also made at least one horrible error per game on average which often cost goals and was prone to losing his man at the odd set piece. He was out for most of last season with a cruciate ligament injury though and since he's come back he's looked a much more consistent player. Don't know if it's the maturity of being in his mid 20's or watching a lot of football instead of playing it but the errors have (almost) gone and he's been dominant in both boxes this season. It's a terrific bit of business for Thistle to be honest as he's probably under the radar a bit. I'm not sure if he's got the consistency to step up a level but he's certainly got the physical assets to do it.

Houston has been above average for us but he is completely replaceable with the same standard or better. He is a young player and could improve but in the short term it wouldn't be a catastrophe. Losing Docherty, Harvey, McCowan or Kelly now would do us more damage in the second half of the season because we wouldn't be able to replace the same quality. 

I have no real feelings for Partick, not a club I don't like for any reason, I know a lot of Thistle fans and they are an admirable bunch, there is a lot of common ground due to the clubs recent league placings but I am starting to hope they go down, purely because of McCalls petted lip act at the fact no one at Ayr bought his "hardest decision" pish.  

40 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I have no real feelings for Partick, not a club I don't like for any reason, I know a lot of Thistle fans and they are an admirable bunch, there is a lot of common ground due to the clubs recent league placings but I am starting to hope they go down, purely because of McCalls petted lip act at the fact no one at Ayr bought his "hardest decision" pish.  

will ferrell agree GIF

I  take it the rocket on the SRE this afternoon who said he saw McCall, Docherty, Forrest and McGuffie sitting in a cafe was on the wind up.

Also notice Inverness look as if they're going to lose a lot of players to PCA so maybe we might still have a chance of 2nd if that unsettles them plus we make at least 2 decent additions and not just bench fillers, however with the lack of names being linked to us i'm not holding my breath.

however with the lack of names being linked to us i'm not holding my breath.

I’ve not got a name but there’s a player with us just now from an English team that looks to be joining on loan. Think he’s maybe from Southampton.

Don’t really know anything else tbh.

11 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I  take it the rocket on the SRE this afternoon who said he saw McCall, Docherty, Forrest and McGuffie sitting in a cafe was on the wind up.

Also notice Inverness look as if they're going to lose a lot of players to PCA so maybe we might still have a chance of 2nd if that unsettles them plus we make at least 2 decent additions and not just bench fillers, however with the lack of names being linked to us i'm not holding my breath.

Aye he was. He’s constantly posting stuff like that. Initially it was quite funny but now it’s just boring however he will continue to do it while he’s getting bites.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ve not got a name but there’s a player with us just now from an English team that looks to be joining on loan. Think he’s maybe from Southampton.

Don’t really know anything else tbh.

I was this desperate to try and see if we're linked with anyone i did a twitter search of us and a motherwell fan tweeted today saying "Ayr united got a guy in just now, black fella, sure he said southampton". Seems he could be right lol.

I was this desperate to try and see if we're linked with anyone i did a twitter search of us and a motherwell fan tweeted today saying "Ayr united got a guy in just now, black fella, sure he said southampton". Seems he could be right lol.

He must a scout with that kind of in depth info.

Was told around lunchtime today but for all I know it originated from that tweet.

Done a quick scan of the southampton U23's squad and the vast majority of 'black fella' either play on the wings or full backs, two positions which we're probably okay for, unless we ain't keeping Houston. 

Anyone know when Houston's loan is officially up.