The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:
14 minutes ago, third lanark said:
He’s been training with us the last 3 weeks. I’m presuming (perhaps wrongly) that if it came down to a wage we would likely be able to offer him more, but there’s maybe other considerations he needs to make 

Ffs McCall is taking everyone he wanted to sign while with us. He wanted to sign rudden and DKD while at us.

To be fair with regards to Rudden both Archie and Caldwell tried to sign him while managing us - so it looks like it’s maybe been a case of third time lucky for us now

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

DKD is a strange situation and I would presume there's something not in the public domain. He's been a free agent since leaving Ross County on the day the window closed back on September 2nd citing a wish for more first team football. There's been nothing stopping Ayr, Thistle or anyone else signing him since and he certainly livened Falkirk up last season. And yet here we are in mid January and he's been clubless since and is training with Thistle who have been desperate for players for weeks when he was one of the few available even before the window opened. Has he been injured or something?

I honestly have no idea mate - but your right it is a very strange one - like you I expected him to be fixed up with a club ages ago

On the Falkirk thread they were saying he was a bit of a dick in the dressing room so perhaps word got around and put a few teams off.

I would imagine the reason we never went for him in August was because of how well Forrest and McCowan were doing. I would absolutely take him as a replacement though.

The only thing I can think of is that there may be training compensation due to County depending on how his exit was agreed?

I also heard separately back in the summer that we were in for him under Caldwell but he was wanting too much money and his digs paid for.

13 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

The only thing I can think of is that there may be training compensation due to County depending on how his exit was agreed?

I also heard separately back in the summer that we were in for him under Caldwell but he was wanting too much money and his digs paid for.

He was physically released. Contract cancelled. Can't do that and retain any rights to compensation.

If Forrest does consider an offer from Dundee then i think we have to brace ourselves for the possibilty of him rocking up at Firhill next season with Judas McCall.

At the end of the day he'd double his wages at least at Thistle and probably be in the premiership in the next 18 months, never know they might make the play offs this year the way everyone else is shitfesting their way through the season.

Edited by rb123!

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

If Forrest does consider an offer from Dundee then i think we have to brace ourselves for the possibilty of him rocking up at Firhill next season with Judas McCall

Why would he consider Dundee then go to Partick , one thing for sure is he will not be at Ayr and bigger clubs than Partick are showing interest in him 

4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Why would he consider Dundee then go to Partick , one thing for sure is he will not be at Ayr and bigger clubs than Partick are showing interest in him 

Well it depends whether he's considering staying in this league next season, look at Shankland last who had offers from all over Britain yet he decided to stay in the same league to everyone's amazement. Tbh i'm still unsure if Forrest is even good enough for the premiership yet.

Just now, rb123! said:

Well it depends whether he's considering staying in this league next season, look at Shankland last who had offers from all over Britain yet he decided to stay in the same league to everyone's amazement. Tbh i'm still unsure if Forrest is even good enough for the premiership yet.

Dundee have more chance of being in premiership than Thistle this season and with a new manager ( if they don’t go up this season ) will certainly be one of the favourites for next season 

7 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Dundee have more chance of being in premiership than Thistle this season and with a new manager ( if they don’t go up this season ) will certainly be one of the favourites for next season 

Nothing to do with forrest mate but Dundee A new manager? 
if we survive in the division then with the precontracts to brownlie, signing of Rudden etc then I’d like to think McCall is seriously planning for promotion next season and be one of the favourites 

16 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Most Ayr fans probably thought Crawford wasn't good enough for the Premiership but he's done well this season and I'd have said that Forest was every bit as good as Robbie if not better in some ways.

Edited by malkyshotton

8 minutes ago, third lanark said:

if we survive in the division then with the precontracts to brownlie, signing of Rudden etc then I’d like to think McCall is seriously planning for promotion next season and be one of the favourites 

The only downside is that currently Thistle are shocking defending, only 1 player so far signing for that area , if he gets another couple of decent defenders in then they have a chance , all I would say is at Ayr he never really worked well in that area and always went for the we will score more than you attitude ,

Edited by Robbo63

20 minutes ago, rb123! said:

That’s the odd thing.  It’s now clear that Shankland didn’t have offers from all over Britain.  Seems bonkers to me or anyone else who watched him, but it’s probably an indication of the lack of respect for Ayr, Championship football generally and a mistaken perception that a player who failed at Aberdeen had found his level.

18 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

The only downside is that currently Thistle are shocking defending, only 1 player so far signing for that area , if he gets another couple of decent defenders in then they have a chance , all I would say is at Ayr he never really worked well in that area and always went for the we will score more than you attitude ,

In talks with mccart and wardrop as defenders though that doesn’t mean they will sign of course 

A centre back pairing of Brownlie and McCart next season would probably be the best pairing in the league.

Cammy Smith has already shown he can be a standout in this league with St Mirren and with either Graham or Rudden in front of him you’d be well covered up front.

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

Yep, but you'd still not be the favourite, which would be us (Or Hearts dependent if they came down).