The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

McCall can’t complain about the budget without mentioning his own failings that contributed to the budget being cut. Auchinleck in the cup, Alloa on the last day and Stranraer on penalties were 3 games that we should’ve won had and would’ve really bolstered our budget but lost or drew in part to his own failings.

It was the whole thing of needing time to decide whether to move or not when he’d already decided beforehand to leave. I firmly believe he was touting himself for the Thistle job with him comments after we beat them at Firhill.

I’m not bothered if he tries to sign our players. There’s really only 3 that would severely weaken us and massively strengthen Thistle and I don’t think he’ll get any of them.
Even Partick fans found that interview from him weird. It is clear now he had his mind made up then

This is cock measuring nonsense.

If McCall wants to buy our players or talk to them about signing next season them he will. A public spat between us and them is childish nonsense - good for a laugh but really not important in the grand scheme of things.

Kerr needs to be quietly building strong relationships with our players, and working hard to persuade the board to find the finances to get the best ones signed up when the time comes. That's what matters, not a willy waving contest on sportsound.b

McCall shouldn’t be publicly speaking about signing our players. Kerr, and the club as a whole needs to show that we won’t be run over the top of by McCall. No one mentioned a spat, however calling unacceptable comments out is completely fine and is needed.

Would McCall do that with any other manager in the league?! I very much doubt he would.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McCall can’t complain about the budget without mentioning his own failings that contributed to the budget being cut. Auchinleck in the cup, Alloa on the last day and Stranraer on penalties were 3 games that we should’ve won had and would’ve really bolstered our budget but lost or drew in part to his own failings.

It was the whole thing of needing time to decide whether to move or not when he’d already decided beforehand to leave. I firmly believe he was touting himself for the Thistle job with him comments after we beat them at Firhill.

I’m not bothered if he tries to sign our players. There’s really only 3 that would severely weaken us and massively strengthen Thistle and I don’t think he’ll get any of them.

The Rangers cup tie was earned by beating Dundee away from home which was an upset. Both this and the league finish put a considerable amount into the pot. The other results  weren’t great but overall he more than paid for last season 

37 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

It was in the papers at the start of the season the budget was being cut 

The total club budget was cut , not a great difference to playing side , the board at no time turned McCall down every time he asked for cash he got it ,

I'm looking forward to talking about transfers and not our former manager.
200.gif&key=7efaddd9f4055a6d2773f491286912175374e203acea46b6e840816b978a4758
I'm hoping Kerr & McCardle have a couple of irons in the fire. Could we be on course for a Friyay before the County game?

Robbo DM’d me earlier but I’ve been sworn to secrecy.

Big week coming up though...

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

🤫🤫🤫😂😂, to be fair I did watch a game with Mick McArdle on Saturday afternoon 

Edited by Robbo63

I was told by a Thistle fan he'd lined Archibald up during the close season so was just biding his time for Caldwell to get the bullet.

7 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Better wear my crash helmet and goggles this weekend to game as don’t want hurt , but should to able to take off for 25th 

Likely to have anyone in for Saturday? 

44 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Presuming your not on the wind up, are the names exciting?