The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Mark Kerr to blame for that. 

Doesnt matter who is to blame.  If we cant muster 1000 for a home game because fans dont like the look of the new manager then it completely backs up the idea that Partick (who managed miles more home fans than that with an absolutely rotten team under Gary bloody Caldwell) will be able to blow us out the water wages wise. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Honestly I know he can’t but@Robbo63 should just tell us who we’re trying to sign so folk will calm down a bit.

Craig Sibbald- Would be a v decent signing. 

Harry Paton- Meh, don’t think he could get in the County team at this level last year. 

Michael Tidser- Would be better than Paton but questions needed to be asked as to why he can’t get in Falkirks team. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Honestly I know he can’t but@Robbo63 should just tell us who we’re trying to sign so folk will calm down a bit.

Still remember the excitement of seeing #imminent twice on deadline day last year thinking it was going to be Stefan Scougall and in came Cadden and Miller haha.  Therefore I'm absolutely 100% prepared for having to quickly google whoever it is we do bring in this time round

21 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Football Manager is probably where we're doing the majority of our scouting.

I remember there was a story when David Moyes was the Everton manager that they used Football Manager to create shortlists of possible signings. 

These days its more likely to be analytics that's used to create the shortlists. 

It'll be interesting to see the recruitment we carry out in this window and the summer. 

I would like to see a bit of height, physicality and athleticism brought into the squad. 

The quality of contacts that Kerr and McArdle can build up going forward will be crucial to getting quality recruitment and this is vital to our ongoing overachieving. 

Teams that don't recruit well, at all levels of the game, don't succeed. It's that simple. 

Edited by BukyOHare