The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Mental to think Shankland, Rose, Smith and Crawford, our top 4 paid players last year (you would imagine so) are away, on the back of our best season in 10/20 years and the following seasons we’re on a “vastly reduced budget”. Something doesn’t smell right.

It's probably as simple as Lachlan not being willing to throw a wedge in this season, we can't shout for Shanks to stay until the end of the season and then moan too much when that cash isn't there.

Edited by ayrmad

5 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

It's probably as simple as Lachlan not being willing to throw a wedge in this season, we can't shout for Shanks to stay until the end of the season and then moan too much when that cash isn't there.

I thought he had stopped putting money in for a while now, at least for last season.He's been talking about it for a while.

7 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Regardless of the Shankland situation we should still have a competitive budget for this division. A budget similar to the likes of qots and Morton. 

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I thought he had stopped putting money in for a while now, at least for last season.He's been talking about it for a while.

He can answer for himself tomorrow but I'm pretty sure he mentioned putting a wedge in last season.

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Regardless of the Shankland situation we should still have a competitive budget for this division. A budget similar to the likes of qots and Morton. 

Queens have only 7 players signed!! 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

I would highly doubt now after this development we'll have bigger budgets than either of those two.

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Who knows how we compare to others.

The continual growing list of comments to the post on the SRE about McCall quotes are an interesting read, i am also a member of the AU500 and have been since May last year, however like a lot of people i'm considering my continued commitment to it.

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Given the budget has been “vastly” reduced then I’d guess not very well. 

They might be pumping in cash out their own pockets then.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

The continual growing list of comments to the post on the SRE about McCall quotes are an interesting read, i am also a member of the AU500 and have been since May last year, however like a lot of people i'm considering my continued commitment to it.

I’m exactly the same. I will give it till the start of the season and see where we are but it’s not looking good at all. 

People can think what they like however I'd suggest waiting until tomorrow night to see what Cameron says regarding the claims from McCall however he's in a lose-lose situation with it now. No doubt he'll be bombarded with questions regarding it so unless he just patches them completely I'd expect some sort of answer. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

People can think what they like however I'd suggest waiting until tomorrow night to see what Cameron says regarding the claims from McCall however he's in a lose-lose situation with it now. No doubt he'll be bombarded with questions regarding it so unless he just patches them completely I'd expect some sort of answer. 

The questions for it have already been submitted, so coincidentally he'll not be able to answer anything about this.

The questions for it have already been submitted, so coincidentally he'll not be able to answer anything about this.

I’m sure they did that last year and people asked follow up questions didn’t they?