The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I agree one of our weak points last season was no plan B, I don't think any of us want to be watching hoof ball like ICT but you got to have another option, too many times in the 2nd half of the season if Shankland or Moff were not getting the space we had nothing else to try.

Nothing wrong with hoof ball if you have a big centre who wins most balls and can bring others in. Its a great out ball too if under pressure.

I've never been convinced by playing it out from the back we don't have the players or the goalie with enough distribution. At this level getting a back four and goalie that are comfortable with the ball at their feet is a rare thing. More often than not possession is given away anyway. Its time to launch it the way you are facing. Lets bring back Bobo as well!

I don’t think we’re just suddenly going to switch to 2012 Stoke City for next season.

If we are bringing in 2 strikers though it would make sense with what McCall has said that one would be more of a target man type that can hold the ball up and be a target for crosses. As long as this player isn’t Andy O’Connell I’ve absolutely no issue with that. However to make it work you’ve got to have a more mobile and quicker forward (McCowan) next to him and 2 wingers that can get crosses into him.

At the minute though it’s pointless trying to guess what kind of football we’ll be playing until we see who McCall brings in.

Nothing wrong with hoof ball if you have a big centre who wins most balls and can bring others in. Its a great out ball too if under pressure.
I've never been convinced by playing it out from the back we don't have the players or the goalie with enough distribution. At this level getting a back four and goalie that are comfortable with the ball at their feet is a rare thing. More often than not possession is given away anyway. Its time to launch it the way you are facing. Lets bring back Bobo as well!
Hoof ball and playing out from the back are not the only two styles.

We did play a lot of poor long balls this past season, but also built some lovely moves.

Ideally I want pace up front to allow balls into the channels when the defence have it, but also moff, Forrest, and Kerr building some moves when we get possession in good areas.

While we are at it. I'd love to have someone with a Delap long throw. What a weapon that was for Stoke. Not necessarily pretty but effective!
Muirhead has a super long throw on him, was used a couple of times.

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think we’re just suddenly going to switch to 2012 Stoke City for next season.

If we are bringing in 2 strikers though it would make sense with what McCall has said that one would be more of a target man type that can hold the ball up and be a target for crosses. As long as this player isn’t Andy O’Connell I’ve absolutely no issue with that. However to make it work you’ve got to have a more mobile and quicker forward (McCowan) next to him and 2 wingers that can get crosses into him.

At the minute though it’s pointless trying to guess what kind of football we’ll be playing until we see who McCall brings in.

BRING HIM HOME

I am currently on the train absolutely raging lads. Decided to have a wee look at the Killie thread to see how they were reacting to their new managerial appointment and I see a certain Ayr fan (not naming any names)  praising them for the appointment and hoping he does well. Disgusting. 

The lack of names being thrown about is beginning to worry me. I think McCall was depending on Crawford and Doolan signing, the same I think can be said for Doohan. I wasn’t one who was overly concerned a month ago, but pre season must be due soon and we seem no closer to signing the 4/5 we need than we were a month. 

I know some of our best signings have been late on the last few years, but we can’t keep relying on pulling them off.

27 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

The lack of names being thrown about is beginning to worry me. I think McCall was depending on Crawford and Doolan signing, the same I think can be said for Doohan. I wasn’t one who was overly concerned a month ago, but pre season must be due soon and we seem no closer to signing the 4/5 we need than we were a month. 

I know some of our best signings have been late on the last few years, but we can’t keep relying on pulling them off.

Next announcement will likely be the season tickets. However, if you think back to this time last year we were all harping on about the wrong keeper. 

I am currently on the train absolutely raging lads. Decided to have a wee look at the Killie thread to see how they were reacting to their new managerial appointment and I see a certain Ayr fan (not naming any names)  praising them for the appointment and hoping he does well. Disgusting. 
I'll name myself, that was me.
Pleasing I've added disgust to your rage over a football team.

Hopefully some names will start to be mentioned this week , looks like our main target has chosen another team , pre season starts on Wednesday and season tickets and new home top will be available this week all going well 

What I'm finding strange is that people are criticising our style of play last season when we've just come off the back of one of our best and most successful seasons in the clubs recent history.

"hoof ball" as it were, while horrific to watch has also not been very successful in the past when we've tried it and I'm getting extremely concerned that people are somehow hoping we go down this route for next season.

We might have a team of midgets and we might have been bullied on occasion, however it didn't do us much harm when we humped Dundee Utd three times out of four, or slaughtered the likes of Dunfermline & Morton or had Partick Thistle in our back pockets ??

Would we have had anything like these results punting the ball up and down the pitch ?

I'm really thinking not...........

Ex hibs striker Lewis Allan is training with Raith Rovers however has interest from Championship clubs.

22 year old striker, just been released from a premiership club, fits the Ian McCall bill nicely. Hasn't scored many goals in his career but could be worth a punt alongside signing a half decent striker.

Next announcement will likely be the season tickets. However, if you think back to this time last year we were all harping on about the wrong keeper. 

Are season tickets not on sale today?

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Are season tickets not on sale today?

I'm sure I read on SRE one of the people from the club shop saying likely to be early this week, and as Robbo mentioned along side the home top. 
Not ideal timing for them but can appreciate they are trying to launch new tech so there will be teething issues to iron out.