The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

See in the AP McCall is hyping up Forrest as the secret weapon for next season, wanting an extra 30/40% out of him. Can't see him being a main man type ala Shanks, but it will be a big season for him  to prove himself. Prob get injured again.

Believe in Forrest. :thumsup2

See in the AP McCall is hyping up Forrest as the secret weapon for next season, wanting an extra 30/40% out of him. Can't see him being a main man type ala Shanks, but it will be a big season for him  to prove himself. Prob get injured again.
I really think missing Forrest last season was almost as big as Shanklands injury, Shanks got all the headlines in the first few months but Allan was outstanding and gave us something different If he can come back to that form he will be a massive player next season.

Re Doohan. If we could just agree the loan and then have him go for a training camp with Celtic then have him in for the Cup games that would be great. However the longer it goes I imagine he’ll either be staying at Celtic or they’ll be looking to send him to a team further up the Championship or Premiership. I’m sure they’ll more or less know by now if we’re getting him back or not.

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Somethings in life are not made for sharing, no names will be mentioned in either names of players involved or source of information 

This smacks of a person trying to make out that they are “in the know” In a look at me attention seeking kind of way  

13 minutes ago, P475 said:

This smacks of a person trying to make out that they are “in the know” In a look at me attention seeking kind of way  

Could not be further from the truth actually 

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I really think missing Forrest last season was almost as big as Shanklands injury, Shanks got all the headlines in the first few months but Allan was outstanding and gave us something different If he can come back to that form he will be a massive player next season.

Maybe, always think there's a bit of the rose tinted glasses  involved whenever a player is out injured, and while he was outstanding in a few games on  the trot I couldn't see him keeping that up over a few weeks or months

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Re Doohan. If we could just agree the loan and then have him go for a training camp with Celtic then have him in for the Cup games that would be great. However the longer it goes I imagine he’ll either be staying at Celtic or they’ll be looking to send him to a team further up the Championship or Premiership. I’m sure they’ll more or less know by now if we’re getting him back or not.

Hear Doohan pushing for answer next week wants out on loan to get more experience 

Let's see all this build up and hype for a grand signing tomorrow and then f**k all will happen. Robbo63 building up here to a phenomenal signing, I'll eat my own words if I'm proved wrong. Would expect if anyone it'll be Doolan, would take a bit of friyay certainly.

That's a weird take on it.

Anyone who is 'in the know' but then blabs all the details will quickly find themselves knowing f**k all.

He's decided to pep the support up a wee bit but is rightly not going any further.

McCall saying if Doohan goes out on loan then it’s very likely it will be at Ayr which is good.

Lot of targets but didn’t give much away. Reiterated he wants another defender, 2 strikers and a winger. He said he’s got enough “working wide players” so I’m guessing Geggan will be used in some games with potentially Murdoch as a back up so he wants a proper attacking winger. If Killie let him go I’d love us to sign Dom Thomas.

Not an awful lot given away there but im confident in Ian's ability to sign players. 50/50 on Crawford staying, hope he does.
Best part of that interview for me was hearing McCall say that letting Andy Graham go was one of the worst mistakes he has made.

10 hours ago, rb123! said:

Would quite like an interview from the AU Media guys with McCall today just to give us a clearer idea of how signings are going, bit desperate just now going off the scrapes on the back page of the ayrshire post.

Must have read this lol

7 hours ago, rb123! said:

Let's see all this build up and hype for a grand signing tomorrow and then f**k all will happen. Robbo63 building up here to a phenomenal signing, I'll eat my own words if I'm proved wrong. Would expect if anyone it'll be Doolan, would take a bit of friyay certainly.

In no way building up to a  phenomenal signing , I have rumoured a transfer taking place  which is likely to be announced very soon , but what way will it be ??? 

17 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

In no way building up to a  phenomenal signing , I have rumoured a transfer taking place  which is likely to be announced very soon , but what way will it be ??? 

Tease.

Either put up or shut up :lol:

It's hardly a rumour as everyone knows we are going to be signing someone at some point soon as we are short off players.

59 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Transfer out: Pandamonium to Shandong Luneng