The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Did McCall say if he thought McCowan would be a starter next season?

He said he can be like the next Forrest for us and that he’s told Moffat he won’t be a guaranteed starter next season with McCowan in the squad.

He said he can be like the next Forrest for us and that he’s told Moffat he won’t be a guaranteed starter next season with McCowan in the squad.

I think that’s fair of McCall - Moff is getting on a bit and can’t expect to play 90 mins a week and McCall isn’t going to bullshit him to get him to stay.

If the rumours are true, Mrs Moff will probably have something to say but I can’t see Moff playing champ football as a regular starter at his age. I’d love him to stay, he could be key in games coming off the bench and in helping develop players like McCowan in training. If Moff was to leave, it would be a bit of a blow but at his age, not something we couldn’t recover from (especially if we signed the like of Erskine).

Moore being offered a deal I’m Ok with - if he’s out for 12 weeks then I’d expect a cheaper prove your fitness deal for the club.

The Kris Boyd thing is a difficult one to judge because the automatic thought for him is he's done. However it was only a year ago that he was the top scorer in the premiership, think it would be very difficult though for him to join us and would be split opinions of him.

I'll be devastated if we lose Moffat again. He's one of the beating hearts of the club.

He can't be a starter for the whole season but he's still got so much quality at this level, and no matter what folk say that's not easy to replace.

I hope he can work out his issue with McCall or the wife (or both).

In terms of boyd... Holy f**k. I went to school with him and I suppose it's been done before, but as I said...holy f**k.

11 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

If the pre head knock Craig Moore could come back we have a decent striker, he is capable of goals at this level one more chance? or do we give upon him.

Saw worse over the years than Moore scored a good few for Cowdenbeath in that league still young enough to improve 

Will score more than Moff if kept on

If the pre head knock Craig Moore could come back we have a decent striker, he is capable of goals at this level one more chance? or do we give upon him.
I hope I'm wrong, and I'll give him another chance, but I don't think he's got enough.

Saw worse over the years than Moore scored a good few for Cowdenbeath in that league still young enough to improve 
Will score more than Moff if kept on

Moore doesn’t really bring anything else to the team apart from the odd goal.

Moffat is still an incredibly important player even if he’s not scoring.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Moore doesn’t really bring anything else to the team apart from the odd goal.

Moffat is still an incredibly important player even if he’s not scoring.

Aye he can make assists but so can the wingers and attacking full backs

I would sooner have a strikers who get 17 and 18 each year

Cos Shanks goal return will never be replaced

The Craig Moore situation is difficult in league one before he got injured he was ripping it up we then brought in Shankland as cover and the rest is history, how many games has he started since we signed Shankland? And his goal return was still almost a goal a game. He can on against Morton in the 5-1 game and turned the game scored a very important goal v Falkirk but had some horrendous misses Talbot in particular comes to mind maybe a 6 month deal like doc had last season may suit both parties.

Aye he can make assists but so can the wingers and attacking full backs
I would sooner have a strikers who get 17 and 18 each year
Cos Shanks goal return will never be replaced

We’re never going to sign 2 strikers that score 17 or 18 goals a season though.

And it’s not just assists Moffat gets. He links everything from the midfield to the attack.

You can’t drop him for Moore.