• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

If this system ultimately saves the club money over the course of the season and the inconvenience as such is an extra 5-10 minutes to get into the ground for cash customers I don't think its a deal breaker. It doesn't really bother me as I can appreciate how fine the margins are for a club like Ayr to balance the books. To be honest I might end up spending more in the club shop. 

Not saying I won't go cashless but for the midweek games when I can make them it tends to be a last minute decisions depending on when I can get out the door at work. 
I can't see any of the vendors inside the ground going down to chip & pin / contactless route anytime soon however. 

On the season ticket / direct debit from I've noticed some clubs in the past have teamed up with credit unions to fund the tickets over the season. It would cost a bit more on d.d. obviously but this could attract more people into buying tickets upfront if it was an option. The club would obviously get the money from the credit union so they wouldn't be short changed. I agree that paying it in one hit can be a strain especially for people who have been pay as you go for years so haven't necessarily been expecting to renew. 

Yes, that's fair enough. You'll never please everyone and there will always be people who think something is better / worse, easier / harder but as you say if the club are making out of it and the inconvenience is minimal then that's fine by me.

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

As I said, from the clubs perspective it's a good move (that's why they're doing it), however my argument is more around it being "better" for the paying customer.

Similarly, anyone going to their local Tesco has much more hassle scanning their own gear and having to deal with spot checks etc as opposed to just wandering over to a manned till where the till assistant will efficiently scan and pack your groceries for you.

We're basically all being taken for mugs with a narrative that it's a benefit to the consumer when the reality is that it's more cost effective for the company as they can cut down on staffing and pension provisions.

Cynical ?

Indeed I am.

I only carry cash if I'm going to football now. 

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

This just isn't true though. Maybe the younger generations in the larger towns / city's this is the case, however for people living in rural areas cash is still a must.

In my own town our local Bakers and Butchers are "cash only" and in actual fact I noticed only this morning that "Patisserie Valerie" in Glasgow Central had a large sign up stating "cash transactions only".

Without trying to come across as a dick here, but my job is actually accountancy and settlement of ATM and Point Of Sale transactions for a major Bank and I can assure you that there are still many more people using cash than there are cards across the whole country, despite what it may appear.

Are they not in administration? 

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

You'd be screwed if you were looking for a nice Mars Bar cake, a scrumptious Crumpet, a delightful Apple Slice or a tasty pastry out of any of my local bakers then.

That's just a price too high to pay imho...............

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Are they not in administration? 

They were, but they were saved by a Management buyout with over half of the shops remaining open.

Anyway the new entry system is coming, I'm pretty sure that it is part of the work arranged for should we be promoted to the Premiership.  I think it is to all be ticketed in that league. 

Being able to buy them on mobile is excellent and it will probably save the club a lot of money from grown men pretending to be concessions and cash handling errors from the turnstile operators.

For those who have to go and buy tickets before every game it will be a pain in the arse, but the positives outweighs the negatives for me.

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I’m the same, and it’s a massive pain in the arse turning up to a ground having not remembered to take out cash as most of them aren’t within a short walk of a machine.

It must be a generational thing, however I'm much more likely to forget my mobile than I am to forget to have cash on me.

In fact I often turn up at work without my phone (much to the horror of some of my younger colleagues) but I always make it through the day !!

This just isn't true though. Maybe the younger generations in the larger towns / city's this is the case, however for people living in rural areas cash is still a must.
In my own town our local Bakers and Butchers are "cash only" and in actual fact I noticed only this morning that "Patisserie Valerie" in Glasgow Central had a large sign up stating "cash transactions only".
Without trying to come across as a dick here, but my job is actually accountancy and settlement of ATM and Point Of Sale transactions for a major Bank and I can assure you that there are still many more people using cash than there are cards across the whole country, despite what it may appear.
This is a point that is easily forgot in this whole cashless debate, as too often it becomes "well it'll suit me so I think it's a good idea".

Old and vulnerable people find this much more difficult (sometimes impossible, without support). Not necessarily in this case, as you'll still be able to buy a ticket at the shop, but an important general point that often gets overlooked.

Just before we moved from Ayr in 1988 and the old man had a few cashflow problems I vividly remember him trying to get both of us in by writing a cheque! Failed :lol:

Just before we moved from Ayr in 1988 and the old man had a few cashflow problems I vividly remember him trying to get both of us in by writing a cheque! Failed 
God loves a tryer.

On 08/05/2019 at 21:28, rb123! said:
On 08/05/2019 at 21:08, Hursty said:
I quite liked him ability wise but then again only saw him in maybe 4 games - one of which was the aforementioned Dumbarton game when he wasnt interested.  Although Raith look in a reasonably strong position to go up so might not be an option anyway.   
Noticed Ryan Williamson released by Dunfermline.  Could tick the boxes for McCall as an option - young, likes to get forward, was well thought of but has lost his way after a couple of bad injuries. 

Ryan Williamson away down south apparently

Only as far south as Glasgow - saw he signed for Partick today!

53 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Only as far south as Glasgow - saw he signed for Partick today!

It was dunfermline fans who i saw saying he was going down south, pretty sure McManus said the same last year and then moved to Ross County.

Talking of Partick Thistle they're apparantly in for Rudden.

What did we all have for dinner tonight then? Homemade burgers and chips for me. 

What did we all have for dinner tonight then? Homemade burgers and chips for me. 

That time again is it?

Steak pie for me.

Bacon roll and some pizza.

Is this for new signings, or just general updates?