The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I can’t see him saying that anywhere but maybe he did. All I can see is him berating anyone who has said it’s a bit of a pathetic song to be singing as “snowflakes” and saying they must want all singing banned, along with a bit of seethe that people don’t like his *** flag.

Then later on admits he doesn’t go to many games :lol:

EE5F1CE2-D526-4BE9-A576-EFCB9F82E3A6.jpeg.f84631c905ff81fb2823b6fc6ea95325.jpeg

That’s the comment there. I hate the song myself, but I just don’t understand the lack of woman and men of our club who don’t complain about the topless models for the strip launch. That’s where I see the double standards from the woman who says that the songs degrading to woman, but is happy for models to get their tits out to launch our new strips :lol: as well as another man claiming we’re a family club, but again we as a club allow that. I know it’s not our actual kit launch however when Bodog sponsored WBA there wasn’t that sort of kit launch from what I can remember. No chance their commercial team would allow that!

That’s the comment there. I hate the song myself, but I just don’t understand the lack of woman and men of our club who don’t complain about the topless models for the strip launch. That’s where I see the double standards from the woman who says that the songs degrading to woman, but is happy for models to get their tits out to launch our new strips :lol: as well as another man claiming we’re a family club, but again we as a club allow that. I know it’s not our actual kit launch however when Bodog sponsored WBA there wasn’t that sort of kit launch from what I can remember. No chance their commercial team would allow that!

Were Bodog sponsoring us at the same time? I don’t think the clubs commercial team would’ve had a say really.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Were Bodog sponsoring us at the same time? I don’t think the clubs commercial team would’ve had a say really.

Yeah they were, mind they tried to turn Somerset Boab into Hawthorns Pete or some similar horror show. 

8 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Agree the topless models are poor, and more than a bit tinpot for us to be associated with. I’d say a song about fucking a dead corpse rotten is probably worse than the models though. I’d prefer to bin both.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah because Somerset Boab done that mad Boing Boing Boab for Bodog. 

I would imagine West Brom, a top flight English team at the time would have said in no uncertain terms would they want that to happen. 

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

Agree the topless models are poor, and more than a bit tinpot for us to be associated with. I’d say a song about fucking a dead corpse rotten is probably worse than the models though. I’d prefer to bin both.

Correct. I found someones comment hilarious, it was along the lines of ‘that could be your sister or mother you’re singing about’ :lol:

Correct. I found someones comment hilarious, it was along the lines of ‘that could be your sister or mother you’re singing about’ :lol:

Yeah I found that funny

The song is something the club can do something about now. The models thing is between Ayre and Cameron or our commercial team. I’ve no idea how much Ayre pays us but given he’s getting more and more negative publicity every day I wouldn’t be fussed if this was the last Bitcoin/Bodog strip we had.

11 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I actually like the topless models. I like it even more when people get triggered by it.

It doesn't bother me either, if the models are happy to do this type f work and they get paid for it, then it is fine by me.

The kit launch coverage has been the usual Faux-outrage tabloid stories while showing the picture, so the marketing works for Ayre.

Very much a "ISN'T THIS SEXIST YOU CAN SEE HER TITS...LOOK AT HER TITS" kind of vibe. 

One of the stories went in to detail of how Ayr, under manager Stuart McCall are favourites to win the championship.  The pictures are tiresome now, the first time it happened they were on the threshold of being acceptable in society, went through the shocking phase but are now just a bit creepy. 

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Yeah because Somerset Boab done that mad Boing Boing Boab for Bodog. 

I would imagine West Brom, a top flight English team at the time would have said in no uncertain terms would they want that to happen. 

This was how they did it for West Brom. 

718ba15febe808ee18e1f8b679a92a9b.jpg

5 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

The models are models if they didn’t want to do it they wouldn’t! They also get paid to do it so it’s not an issue of degrading women for me I just think it’s a bit crass!

Any thoughts on all the women who don't get paid for promoting the sexual objectification of women?

Had a thought today, with it pretty much guarenteed that Adams and Bell are out for the season that really leaves us with only the four fit defenders that started yesterday for next week and however long  we're in the play-offs. Our only other person is Ecrepont who i don't think i'd like to throw in for the play offs so i was just wondering if for the play-offs would we be able to use Ferguson since Dumbartons season will be over and he'll have returned to us.

Had a thought today, with it pretty much guarenteed that Adams and Bell are out for the season that really leaves us with only the four fit defenders that started yesterday for next week and however long  we're in the play-offs. Our only other person is Ecrepont who i don't think i'd like to throw in for the play offs so i was just wondering if for the play-offs would we be able to use Ferguson since Dumbartons season will be over and he'll have returned to us.
Ecrepont surely has to play next week, for whoever needs a rest most.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
12 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Ecrepont surely has to play next week, for whoever needs a rest most.

Agreed but would highly doubt he'd be at a level to step up and come in for the play-offs, i could be proved wrong through as McCowan i think could come in a do a job if required.

12 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I’d imagine Ferguson wouldn’t be able to play for the same reason that @Skyline Drifter pointed out earlier in the thread as to why Higgins couldn’t.

Has Adams been confirmed as being out for the season?

I’d imagine Ferguson wouldn’t be able to play for the same reason that [mention=106]Skyline Drifter[/mention] pointed out earlier in the thread as to why Higgins couldn’t.
Has Adams been confirmed as being out for the season?

Yeah he’s done

Most likely played his last game for us as well