The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I posted it on the match thread but near the end of the 1st half he dithered on the ball in the middle of the park and was easily dispossessed and then just stood, a guy in front of me in the NT shouted "for fcuck sake Kerr" and his response was to turn around pinpoint the guy and then growl a "fcuck you, ya fcuckin wa**er". A similar thing happened a little later with Harvie but he couldn't identify the guy who shouted at him so just left it at that.
The players look like they're losing the plot to me though, so maybe something happening behind the scenes with contracts etc ? Who knows ??

Maybe just maybe he was slightly annoyed at idiots shouting off rubbish. Kerr has been getting it tight for a wee while now so there’s only so much folk can take before they inevitably hit back.

1 minute ago, AUFC 1910 said:

If we can just win a game, it will be all good in the end.

This is all part of the grand plan.

We are lulling the opposition into a false sense of security by being utter gash for half the season. We'll lose the next 2 games and then BAM we're back. It'll be like Ayr United from the first half of the season and we'll win 6 games on the bounce. Shankland with 10 goals in those games and promotion to the promised land.

It could happen...

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Maybe just maybe he was slightly annoyed at idiots shouting off rubbish. Kerr has been getting it tight for a wee while now so there’s only so much folk can take before they inevitably hit back.

I can see both sides to be fair.

The fans are becoming a bit frustrated as it appears like some of our players have downed tools in recent weeks but they're still paying their £17 / season tickets to attend and support them. 

By the same token we do have some idiots who mouth off just for the sake of it and will never be happy but in this instance the guy was just a bit annoyed / frustrated at Kerr dithering on the ball and didn't really shout anything bad at him.

In all fairness it appeared to work as Kerr seemed to come alive for the next 10 mins and noticeably upped his pace but I still don't like to see our players swearing at the fans as ultimately they're the ones who pay their wages and to me are quite entitled to question them / shout at them if they feel that they're not giving their all.

I can see both sides to be fair.
The fans are becoming a bit frustrated as it appears like some of our players have downed tools in recent weeks but they're still paying their £17 / season tickets to attend and support them. 
By the same token we do have some idiots who mouth off just for the sake of it and will never be happy but in this instance the guy was just a bit annoyed / frustrated at Kerr dithering on the ball and didn't really shout anything bad at him.
In all fairness it appeared to work as Kerr seemed to come alive for the next 10 mins and noticeably upped his pace but I still don't like to see our players swearing at the fans as ultimately they're the ones who pay their wages and to me are quite entitled to question them / shout at them if they feel that they're not giving their all.

I’ve never agreed with the “I pay my money therefore I can say what I like”. It’s just an excuse for folk to say things without people challenging them. It’s complete nonsense.

I’ve been a season ticket holder for years and I’ve never felt the urge to start screaming at a player.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ve never agreed with the “I pay my money therefore I can say what I like”. It’s just an excuse for folk to say things without people challenging them. It’s complete nonsense.

I’ve been a season ticket holder for years and I’ve never felt the urge to start screaming at a player.

Was there no a guy last season screaming at Hart that he paid his wages? I seem to recall reading that.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I'm afraid I'll get stuck in if they're just being a wage thief, haven't felt the need to shout since Sinclair left the club, no point shouting because a player is shite or out of form, that's the managers fault for playing them not the players.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I'm kind of on the fence with this, I hate to see fans shouting at players for making mistakes or singling out players such as Chris Aitken / Robbie Crawford etc, but in this case the guy's frustration just boiled over as we had just lost about five 50/50's in a row and when Kerr was dispossessed he just stood, so I could see exactly why the guy shouted at him and there really was no need for him to react in the way that he did.

I'm no snowflake but our senior players / captain roaring "go fcuck yourself" etc across the terracing at fans when there's young kids there doesn't exactly set the best of examples as far as I'm concerned and let's face it he's both old enough and experienced enough to know better.

PS This is coming from a guy who was describing Kerr as the "model pro" only a few months back........

I'm afraid I'll get stuck in if they're just being a wage thief, haven't felt the need to shout since Sinclair left the club, no point shouting because a player is shite or out of form, that's the managers fault for playing them not the players.

Tbf I went a season without saying anything to Harkins and filled my boots last night.

I’d say he was the last “wage thief” we had.

I'm kind of on the fence with this, I hate to see fans shouting at players for making mistakes or singling out players such as Chris Aitken / Robbie Crawford etc, but in this case the guy's frustration just boiled over as we had just lost about five 50/50's in a row and when Kerr was dispossessed he just stood, so I could see exactly why the guy shouted at him and there really was no need for him to react in the way that he did.
I'm no snowflake but our senior players / captain roaring "go fcuck yourself" etc across the terracing at fans when there's young kids there doesn't exactly set the best of examples as far as I'm concerned and let's face it he's both old enough and experienced enough to know better.
PS This is coming from a guy who was describing Kerr as the "model pro" only a few months back........

So Kerr can’t shout and swear because there’s kids but the adults in the terracing can despite the fact there’s kids right next to them. I’ve no issue with folk getting frustrated but a player has never improved by having folk get on their back. Now I don’t think that’s what happened last night but Kerr has been getting it for a few weeks now so I can understand if he’d had enough last night.

31 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Last night was the only time  in a good long while I've begrudged paying the  17 quid.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

So Kerr can’t shout and swear because there’s kids but the adults in the terracing can despite the fact there’s kids right next to them. I’ve no issue with folk getting frustrated but a player has never improved by having folk get on their back. Now I don’t think that’s what happened last night but Kerr has been getting it for a few weeks now so I can understand if he’d had enough last night.

In fairness the players are employed by the club and are expected to show a bit of decorum. Otherwise we would have Eric Cantona style ninja attacks all over the place.

Which, to be fair, would be more exciting than the football.............

No.
Hardly  a ringing endorsement for McCall that though.

How many managers has Cameron appointed?

McCall, Roberts, Reid and Watt? I’d trust him to get someone if he took in applications. We’re a far more attractive proposition now than when McCall took over.

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Last night was the only time  in a good long while I've begrudged paying the  17 quid.

I agree, we've hardly missed a game all season but after last night we've no intention whatsoever of going to Firhill on Saturday.

Guest Ecosse83

I never expected anything but a Partick win last night thinking Ayr are just biding time until the play offs. Isn't that the case?

Obviously things haven't been as good as earlier in the season but it's still been a good season overall for Ayr. I expected to see better results when the play offs do come. 

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

I never expected anything but a Partick win last night thinking Ayr are just biding time until the play offs. Isn't that the case?

Obviously things haven't been as good as earlier in the season but it's still been a good season overall for Ayr. I expected to see better results when the play offs do come. 

Nah, I fear it's more than that.

Hope so, although considering this has been going on for near five month now I think he might have started the biding a bit too early