The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

If there is one thing i do agree with McCall is that our surface is one of the worst in the league, the amount of bobbles it takes when anyone makes a 5 yard pass is awful.

I was talking about it the other day. We speak about how well it was under Davie Harkness, however he was the Barr era as well. I’m sure the budget was much more for the ground staff to work on the surface than what the guys have available just now.

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

If there is one thing i do agree with McCall is that our surface is one of the worst in the league, the amount of bobbles it takes when anyone makes a 5 yard pass is awful.

Yes, the park is shocking and does nothing for our style of play.

There's too much grass on it and it's full of uneven surfaces. It'a a long way away from when it was among the best in the country.

Moore isn't and never will be a Championship striker, the fact that we dropped an in form Moffat for him earlier in the season just shows that McCall has a streak in him that puts fans off.

No it doesn’t. He was giving a chance to a guy that scored 27 goals last season and had the best goals to minute ratio of anyone in the league. He was well within his right to give Moore a shot. Just so happens it didn’t work out but that happens in football.

The fans don’t pick the team. McCall does. He didn’t drop Moffat with the sole intention of annoying folk.

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Moore isn't and never will be a Championship striker, the fact that we dropped an in form Moffat for him earlier in the season just shows that McCall has a streak in him that puts fans off.

Moore is no Shankland, however I don't for one minute believe that he'd have been any worse than Moffat or Miller in our last few matches.

Again though, it just shows how small a squad that we have with little to no cover in certain areas.

5 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

They'd have been playing pub League football in the 70's if that's why they can't pass to each other.

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Moore is no Shankland, however I don't for one minute believe that he'd have been any worse than Moffat or Miller in our last few matches.

Again though, it just shows how small a squad that we have with little to no cover in certain areas.

I'm not arguing about how we are now, some of the fans could control the ball better than some of our players at the moment.

Edited by ayrmad

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

No it doesn’t. He was giving a chance to a guy that scored 27 goals last season and had the best goals to minute ratio of anyone in the league. He was well within his right to give Moore a shot. Just so happens it didn’t work out but that happens in football.

The fans don’t pick the team. McCall does. He didn’t drop Moffat with the sole intention of annoying folk.

Well it annoyed me and we've been shite ever since, I've never watched an Ayr side that drops their performance so much in the later months of the season than the last 3 seasons under McCall.

6 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

They'd have been playing pub League football in the 70's if that's why they can't pass to each other.

You're probably not far off the mark there, nowadays the emphasis is all about speed and fitness as opposed to basic ball control and passing ability.

Well it annoyed me and we've been shite ever since, I've never watched an Ayr side that drops their performance so much in the later months of the season than the last 3 seasons under McCall.

I’m sure if you told him McCall would be more than willing to apologise for having the audacity to annoy you.

Dropping Moffat wasn’t the turning point in our season. He’s since came back in and we’ve not improved much.

Be careful what you wish for is a cautionary tale. 

If McCall goes do we trust the board/owner to make a good appointment? They've got a hell of a lot more managers wrong than right. Their success rate must be 20% if that... a 1 in 5 chance they appoint someone better than McCall? No thanks!

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

What happened?

I posted it on the match thread but near the end of the 1st half he dithered on the ball in the middle of the park and was easily dispossessed and then just stood, a guy in front of me in the NT shouted "for fcuck sake Kerr" and his response was to turn around pinpoint the guy and then growl a "fcuck you, ya fcuckin wa**er". A similar thing happened a little later with Harvie but he couldn't identify the guy who shouted at him so just left it at that.

The players look like they're losing the plot to me though, so maybe something happening behind the scenes with contracts etc ? Who knows ??