The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'm not convinced Shankland is all that far away. He's getting chances in each game, so even if his movement isn't where it was at the start of the year he's still a threat. Could be he's snatching a bit because he feels the pressure from the goals drying up or maybe his eye's a little out, but I doubt either of those will be permanent problems. His build up play is still good and opponents are still worried about him. I'd agree that a rest would do him good, but I wouldn't bet against him getting back amongst the goals in the playoffs.

Shankland could go the rest of the season without scoring and people’s patience with him shouldn’t run out. He’s still young and going through a difficult spell so needs support! He’s had a ridiculous season.
Yeah I know and I believe he should be dropped however I just can't get my head round how his season has flipped so much in the second half of the season.

I mean Shankland in the first half of the season would have probably charged through 1 on 1 and rounded the goalie and scored that chance last night.

Lads seriously struggling for confidence.

Fine margins and all that. Shankland scores that and games over in my opinion. Doohan boots the ball out the park and we get a draw.  Just think its a combination of small squad, tired legs, too many games in a short period and loss of form at a critical time but hey its been a great season and still hopefully some interesting games to come. Not a happy clapper but have got to say we have way exceeded any expectations I and probably most others on here had this season.

The fact we're also getting punished for every single mistake it seems. If you think of these five games in the last two weeks, all goals have been conceded from mistakes.

Morton goal was from Crawford not picking up his man at the free kick, Inverness was Rose completely miss kicking the ball and obvs last night Rose needlessly headed it out for a corner before their first goal and then the cock up for the second.

As already been said it's fine margins and we seem to be getting very little luck just now, hopefully that will change.

For the remaining four games I would consider dropping a few of the key players that are needing a rest and play this team.

Doohan

Smith
Muirhead
Rose
Harvie

Crawford
Docherty
Murdoch

Miller
Moore
Cadden

Disregarding the Ross County game which I don't think we'll win now since they'll come down knowing if they win they're champions, we must win the last three games against Thistle x 2 and Alloa.

Need to go into the play offs with some sort of momentum.

McCall got it all wrong again.  Moving Murdoch out of the midfield was madness as was subbing Moffat.  Kerr did a job for us, but looks absolutely done. 
Kerr will still do a massive job - in the right circumstances. Last night we were going to be facing an onslaught, and it got wide open. That suits us but certainly doesn't suit Kerr. We need him when teams sit in.

Murdoch and Crawford were bossing the game.

I think she needs to get a grip of herself tbh and understand that a guy at his age needs to be managed properly. He runs himself into the ground every game so I can understand McCall taking him off even if he’s playing well.

If she stamps her feet enough then maybe he’ll leave but I think he’d be making a huge mistake. He’s not going to get more playing time at Partick next season than he will at Ayr.
This has me worried. He's a massive part of our team, and even more so next season. I just didn't expect any friction from a player of his age and experience.

What's going on with Muirhead, why wasn't he brought on to replace Bell last night.If he's carrying a knock it's odd he was even on the bench instead of Adams.  Geggan is surely pretty much down now surely, he's missed a good  chunk of the season and has only  been playing an hour, but he didn't even manage that last night.

What's going on with Muirhead, why wasn't he brought on to replace Bell last night.If he's carrying a knock it's odd he was even on the bench instead of Adams.  Geggan is surely pretty much down now surely, he's missed a good  chunk of the season and has only  been playing an hour, but he didn't even manage that last night.

Someone on Twitter said he and Moore weren’t even at the game last night. Graeme Miller said one is ill and the other is carrying a knock.

15 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Muirhead was the Rose replacement and was given an 18 month contract he's only played a handful of games since signing.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

The fact we're also getting punished for every single mistake it seems. If you think of these five games in the last two weeks, all goals have been conceded from mistakes.

Morton goal was from Crawford not picking up his man at the free kick, Inverness was Rose completely miss kicking the ball and obvs last night Rose needlessly headed it out for a corner before their first goal and then the cock up for the second.

As already been said it's fine margins and we seem to be getting very little luck just now, hopefully that will change.

There were actually quite a few worse mistakes last night near the six yard box that we got away with

Does that Ross County result today mean that they can win the league on Friday night or is that not even possible for them.

If they win and Dundee Utd win its 6 points with 2 games to go so it won’t be mathematically confirmed.

10 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Does that Ross County result today mean that they can win the league on Friday night or is that not even possible for them.

Not mathematically but with a far superior goal difference if they win they will have pretty much have won it and any dropped points from Dundee United on Saturday would confirm it.