The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Where was the story on Murdoch re-signing ?  I've had a rake around but can't see anything and also nothing on the official site.
Excellent news obviously as one of our key players who I honestly thought we'd be struggling to keep.
Sky news had it on the main page yesterday.

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Had a look at the fixtures:

Inverness play Partick tonight and Alloa at home on Tuesday.

Dunfermline play Dundee United on Tuesday.

If results go against us we possibly will need to take at least a point next Friday night at EEP to avoid dropping out the playoffs.

Thanks for that Nostradamus... :(

With 3 of the young guys away does that mean Geggan at RB & Smith at LB tomorrow or will we see Ecrepont (Or is he away as well?).

Ecrepont was called up for one of the age groups (can’t remember what one) but I’m not sure if they’re back yet.

I’d expect Hare-Reid will start in goals though.

41 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ecrepont was called up for one of the age groups (can’t remember what one) but I’m not sure if they’re back yet.

I’d expect Hare-Reid will start in goals though.

Thanks, I cant get to many games for the forseeable but I'm in the vicinity of tomorrow's friendly so will make it along. 

Hoping for goals, goals, goals to get the confidence back. 

16 hours ago, pandarilla said:
17 hours ago, WATTOO said:
Where was the story on Murdoch re-signing ?  I've had a rake around but can't see anything and also nothing on the official site.
Excellent news obviously as one of our key players who I honestly thought we'd be struggling to keep.

Sky news had it on the main page yesterday.

16 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

The official Ayr page on fb shared it

Cheers guys.

Ayr United Starting 11: 19. Ellis Hare-Reid 4. Mark Kerr 5. Michael Rose 7. Michael Moffat 8. Robbie Crawford 15. Steven Bell 17. Lawrence Shankland 18. Andy Murdoch 27. Liam Smith 28. Nicky Cadden 30. Aaron Muirhead

Ayr United Subs: 2. Michael Hewitt 3. Grant Thorburn 6. Andy Geggan 10. Alan Forrest 11. Declan McDaid 23. Ross Docherty 25. Luke McCowan 29. Mark McKenzie

Team today for friendly just starting against BSC Glasgow.

Thoughts on today's game:

- Good to see so many players get a run out.

- Forrest looked very good, admittedly he was introduced when the opposition was tiring (ie. 2nd half).

- Geggan looked good as well in centre of midfield.

- I thought McCall had gone all PE teacher when he had 6 of them sprinting about at half time on the pitch with his whistle. However, he proceeded to sub them all off so must have been a warm down.

- Only downside was Cadden, he wasn't great at all. Maybe the narrow pitch didn't help.

- The left back played well, no idea who it was as they had 3 Harvie on the back. 

Hopefully, thats boosted the confidence.

Thoughts on today's game:
- Good to see so many players get a run out.
- Forrest looked very good, admittedly he was introduced when the opposition was tiring (ie. 2nd half).
- Geggan looked good as well in centre of midfield.
- I thought McCall had gone all PE teacher when he had 6 of them sprinting about at half time on the pitch with his whistle. However, he proceeded to sub them all off so must have been a warm down.
- Only downside was Cadden, he wasn't great at all. Maybe the narrow pitch didn't help.
- The left back played well, no idea who it was as they had 3 Harvie on the back. 
Hopefully, thats boosted the confidence.

Number 3 was Grant Thorburn I think. Pretty highly rated iirc.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Number 3 was Grant Thorburn I think. Pretty highly rated iirc.

I was impressed, he played very well and got forward too with some decent crosses. Is he third in the pecking order at lb then? On that showing, he should get some time off the bench.

Sorry for intruding on an Ayr post. I saw Mark Kerr at Airdrie game at half time today so I am assuming your game was an early kick off? Can we have him as lucky mascot as we managed to win .  Will you keep a top four play off spot as the chase continues? How has Sandy Stewart been doing in your coaching team

I was impressed, he played very well and got forward too with some decent crosses. Is he third in the pecking order at lb then? On that showing, he should get some time off the bench.

Yeah I’d think both Harvie and Ecrepont will be ahead of him. Might be wrong but I think he can also play centre back.

Sorry for intruding on an Ayr post. I saw Mark Kerr at Airdrie game at half time today so I am assuming your game was an early kick off? Can we have him as lucky mascot as we managed to win .  Will you keep a top four play off spot as the chase continues? How has Sandy Stewart been doing in your coaching team

Aye the game was the 1pm kick off.

I’m hopeful we can keep top 4 but it’s more likely it’ll be 3rd or 4th rather than 2nd. I’ve no idea what impact Stewart has had but he’s in charge of training I think along with Neil Scaly as McCall doesn’t take training.