• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Therein lies the problem.

Adams is dominant but bomb-scare, and bell is composed but weak.

Rose hasn't been great recently either, and that's before you chuck in Harvie or even, and this is being harsh, doohan.

The defence is no longer solid, and then you move forward through the team and find that confidence has drained up top as well. Moffat and shankland graft, but are feeding off scraps. The wingers are blowing hot and cold, and no-one has commanded the centre of midfield.

Plenty of options but in the current set-up we need a flukey early goal, and then hopefully a more positive and assured performance.

Don’t get this Doohan hasn’t been performing nonsense. A fluke cross come shot against Falkirk yes he should have done better but was only negative I could say. Look at some of the kamikaze back passes he has had to deal with. Ross co game was superb and Dunfermline was our best player. On the whole he has been our most consistent performer this season

I also don’t get the sudden negativity towards Bell. There’s been two recent games with him and Rose playing together where we conceded more than 1 goal. The Ross County game in December and Inverness at home. He was poor in the County game but he was no worse than Rose against Inverness yet I don’t see Rose getting the same treatment.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

I also don’t get the sudden negativity towards Bell. There’s been two recent games with him and Rose playing together where we conceded more than 1 goal. The Ross County game in December and Inverness at home. He was poor in the County game but he was no worse than Rose against Inverness yet I don’t see Rose getting the same treatment.

I don’t think Rose has played very well since about December tbh. 

Rose has been bad ever since he signed that pre-contract with Coventry

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Rose has been bad ever since he signed that pre-contract with Coventry

Not quite, he was tremendous the game after he signed.

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I don’t think Rose has played very well since about December tbh. 

He’s not been great but all the criticism seems to aimed at Bell.

Think it's safe to say tonights game against thistle would have been off due to the weather.

Oh well any small chance we still had of being able to challenge for the title have now absolutely evaporated, Ross County going to cruise to the title.

Edited by rb123!

I'm more concerned about avoiding the relegation playoffs than winning the league.

23 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Bell is the only centre half we have who seems to know how to organise the back 4.  His decline (such as it is) has been at the root of our defensive problems over the last couple of months.  I wish Rose all the best at Coventry, but for me he has never looked the same defender without Bell’s influence next to him.  My suspicion is that we have just asked too much of Bell this season - he had stepped back to part time football at league 1 level when we picked him up and maybe asking him to play every week at championship level has left him a bit leg weary.  That said, I’m hoping that a few weeks out might have recharged the batteries a bit.  Based on what I’ve seen recently, Bell and  Muirhead should probably be our first choice with Smith ideally going to left back if Geggan ever gets fit.

On 3/13/2019 at 10:14, Mgc1910 said:

Bell is the only centre half we have who seems to know how to organise the back 4.  His decline (such as it is) has been at the root of our defensive problems over the last couple of months.  I wish Rose all the best at Coventry, but for me he has never looked the same defender without Bell’s influence next to him.  My suspicion is that we have just asked too much of Bell this season - he had stepped back to part time football at league 1 level when we picked him up and maybe asking him to play every week at championship level has left him a bit leg weary.  That said, I’m hoping that a few weeks out might have recharged the batteries a bit.  Based on what I’ve seen recently, Bell and  Muirhead should probably be our first choice with Smith ideally going to left back if Geggan ever gets fit.

Agree, Bell, Murdoch & Doohan have all been great this season with the exception of the odd mistake here and there.

We can go all doom and gloom but the fact remains that we're only 3 points from 2nd place despite our poor recent form and that surely speaks volumes in itself.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Agree, Bell, Murdoch & Doohan have all been great this season with the exception of the odd mistake here and there.

We can go all doom and gloom but the fact remains that we're only 3 points from 2nd place despite our poor recent form and that surely speaks volumes in itself.

Not sure that is true!

Murdoch & Doohan are in a different bracket to Bell. Bell has been alright, nothing more.

13 hours ago, WATTOO said:

And by the end of the season we'll 'only' be a few points off the playoffs which we would 'all have signed up for' at the start of the campaign. Still sucks to lose or draw every week though. ☹️

Edited by Iain

Without doubt Rose and Adams are our strongest central defenders.  Bell is not in the same league. Muirhead is strong and hopefully he will develop as a player at Ayr but he was poor at Falkirk. 

As for Jamie being a bombscare - well what nonsence as before his injury he was a rock in our defence. Also, why would anyone want our best full back playing out of position. Liam Smith who has been immense is a RB and not a LB.

Get behind whatever team is selected and we can grab 3 pts today. We are due to give Queens a doing.

I hope as it's a pisser of a day .the sre will be packed and there is a decent atmosphere. Draw that ball into the net hopefully.

56 minutes ago, Stan Quinn said:

Without doubt Rose and Adams are our strongest central defenders.  Bell is not in the same league. Muirhead is strong and hopefully he will develop as a player at Ayr but he was poor at Falkirk. 

As for Jamie being a bombscare - well what nonsence as before his injury he was a rock in our defence. Also, why would anyone want our best full back playing out of position. Liam Smith who has been immense is a RB and not a LB.

Get behind whatever team is selected and we can grab 3 pts today. We are due to give Queens a doing.

It will be interesting to see how Adams gets on based on our current form. Before his injury our clinical finishing was winning games meaning a lot of issues were papered over. A lot more is being asked of our defence nowadays and whilst Adams has played very well I’m not really sure he’s a central defender. Bell might not be in the same league as others but seems the best at steadying things and getting big games out of Rose

9 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Before his injury our clinical finishing was winning games meaning a lot of issues were papered over. 

I miss our clinical finishing...... and winning :(

It's all opinions, but in mine Bell up until a few weeks ago was one of our most solid and consistent performers and again in my opinion Rose looked a far more assured player with Bell alongside him.

I also find it rather bizarre that some of our fans have already written off our play off chances ??

I know it can be hard work at time supporting Ayr, however this is STILL one of our best ever seasons in the modern era and I think some folk should really get a grip !!!

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

It's all opinions, but in mine Bell up until a few weeks ago was one of our most solid and consistent performers and again in my opinion Rose looked a far more assured player with Bell alongside him.

I also find it rather bizarre that some of our fans have already written off our play off chances ??

I know it can be hard work at time supporting Ayr, however this is STILL one of our best ever seasons in the modern era and I think some folk should really get a grip !!!

I have written off getting a play off place however I still think it’s one of our best seasons in a long while. Finishing fifth would also be a great effort imo. Sadly on this occasion it’s probably more about what other teams do now than having it within our control. Some large teams had a dreadful start to the season but have finally got their acts together

We’re only 3 points behind 2nd, if we can manage to win 2 games in a row and try to go on a run of good form then I don’t see why we can’t finish 2nd