• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

File them in the same pile as Stranraer. 

Both clubs hitting financial turmoil whilst we’re conveniently in the same division.

Shame they don’t have another game for us to bring the Black and White pound to their shallow coffers.

Staying in Beauly for the County game, two cheeky wee half days off work. It's the night we send a message to the gaelic speaking masses who's the daddy of the Championship.

4 hours ago, DK74 said:

I know this is not the best place to ask. I have been overseas for 12 years now thinking of making a trip for the dumfermline , ross country dbl header. Is there a bus running up to the county game and any recommendations on a decent hotel to stay at in ayr?

I come up once a year from England and stay at either the Kylstrome or the Carlton...prestwick is better sadly than Ayr for a few beers...other than the wee  Windaes. I've also flown in from a Singapore for games!!! The missus thinks I'm mad but once AUFC is in the blood!!!!!I'm hoping to be up in April and do away at DUFC - spank them again. 

While posting my team for the Morton game I realised that we do actually have a bit of strength and depth. With Kerr and Adams expected back our best 18 is probably something along the lines of.

Doohan

Smith Muirhead Rose Harvie

Miller  Docherty Murdoch McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Subs:- Hare-Reid, Bell, Adams, Kerr, Crawford, Cadden, Moore 

Higgins misses out on the 18 completely. With Geggan and Forrest coming back soon another two will need to drop out of the 18. Nice problem for McCall to have. 

See Ellis Hare Reid is away to a New Zealand Under 20s training camp this week. Supposedly it’s to have a look at overseas players ahead of the Under 20s World Cup in Tahiti.

Which begs the question how many Ayr players have played at an international tournament? Be it senior or youth. Don’t have to have been playing for Ayr at the time either.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

While posting my team for the Morton game I realised that we do actually have a bit of strength and depth. With Kerr and Adams expected back our best 18 is probably something along the lines of.

Doohan

Smith Muirhead Rose Harvie

Miller  Docherty Murdoch McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Subs:- Hare-Reid, Bell, Adams, Kerr, Crawford, Cadden, Moore 

Higgins misses out on the 18 completely. With Geggan and Forrest coming back soon another two will need to drop out of the 18. Nice problem for McCall to have. 

I thought Forrest was out for the season? If he’s back soon that could be a huge boost.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

47 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I thought Forrest was out for the season? If he’s back soon that could be a huge boost.

I'm sure it was in the paper that the treatment table would be clear in a few weeks I hoped it included Forrest 

I know this is not the best place to ask. I have been overseas for 12 years now thinking of making a trip for the dumfermline , ross country dbl header. Is there a bus running up to the county game and any recommendations on a decent hotel to stay at in ayr?

Worth going direct as sometimes better deal but also check out the usual Groupon and itison sites as the Carlton sometimes does offers, as does the Parkstone in Prestwick. Carlton right beside the Belllrock , Parkstone at the beach front in Prestwick but both reasonably handy and a short taxi ride  for the Ship Inn if you decide on that.

Edited by Somerset 2010

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

See Ellis Hare Reid is away to a New Zealand Under 20s training camp this week. Supposedly it’s to have a look at overseas players ahead of the Under 20s World Cup in Tahiti.

Which begs the question how many Ayr players have played at an international tournament? Be it senior or youth. Don’t have to have been playing for Ayr at the time either.

Lucky bugger if he goes. Feel a bit sorry for him in some respects sitting behind Doohan who is going from strength to strength it would appear. If we are promoted I'd like to think he'd get a loan somewhere for first team exposure (with a recall clause obviously). 

On 09/02/2019 at 22:13, diegomarahenry said:

As long as Stainrod isn't hawking his wares about Somerset. He provided a tonne of dross to Scottish clubs over the years. 

Fulham have released an anniversary shirt. is it to early to be looking for next seasons template? 

Dy3_88cW0AACRJS.jpg.59e6e0736e97104939232d7e2439ed53.jpg 

That's almost identical to our Nike Bodog strip from a few years back, which coincidentally is my all time favourite and has been in many bizarre situations with me in Portugal, Spain & Poland. I almost used to wear it as a "shield of steel" and to be fair I always woke up alive the next day, so very fond memories of that bad boy !!

Who the hell is going to be our back up goalie if Hare Reid goes, I presume this is a chance to leave immediately and not at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

That's almost identical to our Nike Bodog strip from a few years back, which coincidentally is my all time favourite and has been in many bizarre situations with me in Portugal, Spain & Poland. I almost used to wear it as a "shield of steel" and to be fair I always woke up alive the next day, so very fond memories of that bad boy !!

What the he'll did u get up too ?

Who the hell is going to be our back up goalie if Hare Reid goes, I presume this is a chance to leave immediately and not at the end of the season.

He’s only going away until Thursday. If he’s called up then the tournament isn’t played until the summer.

26 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Hell

Lots of naughty stuff that has you waking up with the "fear" the next day (actually about the next week). All fine though and the good name of Ayr Utd spread throughout Europe !!

IMG_3157.jpg

This another lad on trial? He’s a goalkeeper from Denmark.

Exciting times at Somerset, this season is just getting better and better !!

19 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

The u20 World Cup is in Poland this year. To answer your question,  Stevie Nicol and Alan McInally are the most obvious ones, possibly Billy Hendry and Ian McAllister. Not sure whether Robert Connor played at that level as an u21.