The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

I see that if the game is postponed on Saturday, (which looks like a real possibility) then the game will be played at 1pm on Wednesday 30th January.  I’m afraid this is the reason junior clubs shouldn’t be anywhere near the Scottish Cup.  I get the argument that it’s a bit of fun etc, but this really is utterly unprofessional.

Your joking surely ?

That’s the date published by au media.  The game should be shifted to Somerset or more realistically a neutral venue.  Scottish cup 3rd round day (4th round now) used to be one of the highlights of the season.  To find ourselves playing it at 1pm on a Wednesday is amateur hour.

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s not really fair on either club as Talbot players will need to take a day off work as will fans that want to go.

I’d be surprised if it’s called off. Talbot will be desperate to get it on.

Temps to be down to -3 on Thursday night into Friday so not looking good even if there is covers down, we know that even at Somerset a game would be off with those temperatures.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Disappointing if true but have to get on with it. Hopefully other targets in mind.

I do still think we will bring someone in, wouldnt surprise me if it was a loan deal right at the end of the month.  

Fs that's depressing, just when we needed a lift and that's happened. Disappointed with that but fair enough if he's got premiership offers.

Stefan Scougall then probably the next target.

McCall was hopeful Shankland would be fit for Inverness and it didn't happen so doubt he'll be back for Auchinleck.

25 minutes ago, rb123! said:

McCall was hopeful Shankland would be fit for Inverness and it didn't happen so doubt he'll be back for Auchinleck.

This is why I don’t get folk who demand constant injury updates. Injuries are unpredictable and can only lead to disappointment and frustration if there’s a set back and they’re not back when McCall says.

Edited by callum-ayr

I find this strange. The whole reason he’s leaving Thistle is lack of playing time. Is he likely to walk into Livingstons team when they’re doing so well?
That's what I thought, would somehow think he'll be on the bench for them.

Must be money.

Are we to assume Doc and Ferguson have signed new contracts? Surely theirs must be up by now.

No point risking Shanks if  he's not fully fit, with the games we've got next week, Moore should be able to handle it fine, actually think  he's well suited to this type of game and a few goals should do him good.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

Are we to assume Doc and Ferguson have signed new contracts? Surely theirs must be up by now.
No point risking Shanks if  he's not fully fit, with the games we've got next week, Moore should be able to handle it fine, actually think  he's well suited to this type of game and a few goals should do him good.

You’d have thought AU media would’ve asked him after a game what’s happening with those two.