• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Not directly related to AUFC, but congrats to all those at the Bellrock for raising a significant sum of cash for mental health charity.
05457b02ada0fa99a2774e95c4c044ea.jpg

Would be an odd move for Smith or anyone to commit to a pre contract without knowing what division the team they're signing for will be in next season.

Next 2 matches in the league under the lights at Somerset could make or break the title challange, hopefully Shankland and the others are back and with a bit of luck maybe a new face or two

So one in if injuries clear up and one or two out on loan, assume that would be McCowan and not sure who else.

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

So one in if injuries clear up and one or two out on loan, assume that would be McCowan and not sure who else.

Ecrepont I would think.

On 09/01/2019 at 22:46, D'Jaffo said:

QoTS fans are the only ones deluded enough to think that Dobbie is the best player in the league.

F6395761-CD7C-4EAC-BC33-F9E89B972318.jpeg

Edited by Frankie S

We're on the brink of a crisis here with injuries, reckon we could have had enough reasoning to try and get that game postponed today due to the lack of players.

Questions have to be asked as to how we've got into this situation with injuries, literally just over a month ago we had like nobody out and now we've got half a squad missing.

Says a lot when Ferguson is having to start at RB just weeks after it was reckoned that he'd be leaving because we didn't need him. Knew the bench would be bad today but didn't expect us to only have three outfield players on it.

Sounds like at least one player will be joining regardless of injuries but if they stay the same then maybe a couple.

Erskine played around 10 minutes for Partick today but I’d still like to think he will sign. Muirhead and Armstrong are the only two other realistic targets that we’ve heard linked.

21 minutes ago, rb123! said:

We're on the brink of a crisis here with injuries, reckon we could have had enough reasoning to try and get that game postponed today due to the lack of players.

Lack of players!! You had 11 like the rest to start and only 1 player less than QoS on the bench and that's qos whole squad without injuries... 

On 09/01/2019 at 22:46, D'Jaffo said:

QoTS fans are the only ones deluded enough to think that Dobbie is the best player in the league.

Ha, ha. I like your posts D’Jaffo and you  are a level headed guy but that post is quality fishing.

We are both biased, but I have little doubt that if things continue as they are, that Dobbie will win Championship player of the year and top scorer too.

Let’s be honest here, Dobbie would be a regular starter and scorer in most teams outside the old firm. 

I am not going to lie, Shankland is right up there too and it will be close come the end of the season However, I can’t see it going any other way than Dobbie. 

I see there are a lot of big clubs sniffing about Shankland and rightly so. Hopefully, for you boys he goes down south and makes a mark like Dobbie did. 

Equally, I hope he loves Ayr the same way as Dobbie loves Queens and returns to you boys when he is still at the peak of his powers.  If he does, he will be a real Ayr Utd legend. 

Genuinely can't remember the last time I entered this thread and the last comment wasn't by a qos fan

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Genuinely can't remember the last time I entered this thread and the last comment wasn't by a qos fan

Is that right .

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Enjoy it while you can. By May it will probably be Pars fans. ;)

The Dobbie vs Shankland debate is incredibly tiresome as they are two completely different players. Scoring goals is just about the only thing they have in common. That and they are head and shoulders above anyone else in this league.

The only reason I wouldn’t jump at the chance to take Dobbie is we are set up to feed Shankland and get him goals (sometimes too often imo) so introducing another unstoppable force may affect the team for the worse.

To Ayr fans Shankland will always be better and to QoTS fans Dobbie will be better. That’s just how football works.

In terms of end of season awards I’d be quite happy if Dobbie won player of the year as there’s a fair chance Shankland could be holding the real prize come the end of the season. Long way to go before then though.

21 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Enjoy it while you can. By May it will probably be Pars fans. ;)

Been there, done that.

🤣🤣

I think our next two league games will go a long way to defining where we finish this season, will be a huge two games at Somerset.

Jagzone today saying Erskine was waving goodbye to Partick support at the end of the game. Basically suggesting he's played his last game for them.

Hopefully something announced on that front next week. 

Certainly need something, got to say I think Naysmith and Goodwin are doing tremendous jobs with small squads also.