The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

45 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Reid’s sacking was completely justified. There were arguments that McCall could’ve been sacked as well which I didn’t agree with but wouldn’t have complained had he gone.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but there’s not one fan that would’ve predicted what we’ve done after our last visit to the Championship let alone McCall would’ve been the guy to get us there.

Aye, that day I walked along the back of the SRE and could quite literally count our fans will live long in my memory, probably my lowest ebb in 50 years as an Ayr fan, everything now is just a pleasant bonus.

Edited by ayrmad

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I see Ewan Murray is on Twitter asking where you’ll play your home games if you’re in the Premiership next season. 

If my knowledge of Banking was as good as his knowledge of Sports Journalism, I'd be sacked.....................

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Interesting article but nevertheless, wouldnt it be good if our esteemed multi million pound owner just paid for one stand to be built, around 7 mil.  Maybe even just at the away end for all those large travelling fans and charge them enough to pay for the financial outlay quickly.  Isnt about time we did something about additional seating?

9 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

Interesting article but nevertheless, wouldnt it be good if our esteemed multi million pound owner just paid for one stand to be built, around 7 mil.  Maybe even just at the away end for all those large travelling fans and charge them enough to pay for the financial outlay quickly.  Isnt about time we did something about additional seating?

No.

Absolutely fucking not.

Lock of paint, new toilets - but no new stands.

Heard the old Dam Park rumour again recently. With Ayr Rugby Club moving there might be a bit more truth to it this time. Talk of a redeveloped main stand, 4g pitch, terracing and capacity of around 6,000.

Some result lads....
We need the return of the Ayrshire derby. IMO you need to keep Shankland at all costs till the end of the season & get yourselves back up to the top league.......

But he would rip you apart if we played each other!

I’m hoping that he doesn’t sign a pre contract till we are 10-12 points clear in March! He might realise that we have the opportunity to match his ambitions and be playing in the premiership with us before moving in to the championship/premiership in engerland!

10 hours ago, ftk said:

Heard the old Dam Park rumour again recently. With Ayr Rugby Club moving there might be a bit more truth to it this time. Talk of a redeveloped main stand, 4g pitch, terracing and capacity of around 6,000.

Do people never get bored of asking sweaty local liars in anoraks what gossip they've heard from their inside sources?

Dam Park had a fucking water feature next to it the last I looked. Why would moving from a four-sided ground with one stand that is already up to spec to a two-sided ground with one stand that would need completely overhauled be an improvement?

17 hours ago, honestman54 said:

Is this an "if you build it they will come" situation? Because Somerset is already one of the largest grounds at this level and tbh I'd be shocked if even at the level above it regularly pushed its current limit.

The big problem with Somerset is that the North Terrace is uncovered and there's no way to change that which wouldn't require a) onerous planning permission and b) redevelopment of the hospitality suite. Doing the latter might bring in more money long-term, but for the time being it would be bananas.

Edited by Thumper

Is this an "if you build it they will come" situation? Because Somerset is already one of the largest grounds at this level and tbh I'd be shocked if even at the level above it regularly pushed its current limit. The big problem with Somerset is that the North Terrace is uncovered and there's no way to change that which wouldn't require a) onerous planning permission and b) redevelopment of the hospitality suite. Doing the latter might bring in more money long-term, but for the time being it would be bananas.  

Is this not a forum for discussing gossip if you don't like it maybe it's not for you?   

It would be a redeveloped Dam Park which Ayr Rugby Club are in advanced talks to take over so splitting costs with Ayr Utd could make sense. Lachlan is always moaning about the maintenance costs of Somerset.

I would be against any move as I love Somerset but maybe long term it could be best for the club.

I'd hope to continue to have absolutely f**k all to do with they rugger dicks. 
I tend to agree but whether we like it or not football is a business and the more successful Ayr Utd is off the pitch the better chance we have of being successful on it.