The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I've posted this on the match thread, however for anyone travelling by train to Glengarnock on Saturday,

Alternatively nip into the Glendale Arms (on left hand side as you walk off the platform) for a few pre-match pints with the good Ayr supporting Kilbirnie boys !!

Pub opens at 11am.

Bus times as follows (Bus stop is directly opposite Pub)

Stagecoach X36 at 13.05 (5 min journey) (double decker)

Stagecoach#25 12.55pm (5 min journey)  (smaller bus usually)

McGills 904 at 1.00pm (5 min journey)

Looking less and less likely that we're going to be able to build a comfortable lead at the top any time soon. Only picking up two points from two winnable home games has opened it right back up for the others.

4 hours ago, rb123! said:

Another Friday night game.

Home game against Dundee United on Saturday 26th January has been moved to Friday 25th January.

Live on BT

The consequence of being successful.

Everyone wants a piece of the Super!

4 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Be warned the absolute imbecile that was in charge of the game in Dumfries Colin Steven is the man in charge for our Scottish cup game without doubt the worst we've had this year.

At least Shankland will know he's getting nothing.

12 hours ago, rb123! said:

Another Friday night game.

Home game against Dundee United on Saturday 26th January has been moved to Friday 25th January.

Live on BT

Is this two games against them in a row that are going to be on the telly? Hopefully the team takes well to Friday nights. Glad we aren't part time now with all this nonsense.

I find it very strange the shop isn’t open for an hour or 2 this morning for tickets, yet they’re moanibg about the sales. A lot of folk will have wanted to decide on the day I would imagine.

The whole “OMG THEYRE OUTNUMBERING US” is embarrassing. Probably their biggest match and not even our biggest match in the next 7 days!

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

I find it very strange the shop isn’t open for an hour or 2 this morning for tickets, yet they’re moanibg about the sales. A lot of folk will have wanted to decide on the day I would imagine.

The whole “OMG THEYRE OUTNUMBERING US” is embarrassing. Probably their biggest match and not even our biggest match in the next 7 days!

Well said! 

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

I find it very strange the shop isn’t open for an hour or 2 this morning for tickets, yet they’re moanibg about the sales.

The next step up from a full-time playing squad has to be a full-time commercial operation you'd imagine, though given that it directly impacts on revenue you have to imagine this isn't presently sustainable.

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

With Christmas just around the corner it might also have been another opportunity to sell or highlight some merchandise at the same time 

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

The next step up from a full-time playing squad has to be a full-time commercial operation you'd imagine, though given that it directly impacts on revenue you have to imagine this isn't presently sustainable.

This. Saturday is a day of the week most are off and can get out to the shops. I understand on Saturdays we’re playing away the folk are wanting to go, but having the shop open every Saturday during the season should be a must. Like you say, missed revenue.