The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Despite everything McCall's said about not changing things up I think he could really do without Wednesday night. The players have done well to pick themselves back up after Queens, so it would be unfortunate to get another doing. If Gerrard could channel his inner McCoist for an evening it would be wonderful.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Despite everything McCall's said about not changing things up I think he could really do without Wednesday night. The players have done well to pick themselves back up after Queens, so it would be unfortunate to get another doing. If Gerrard could channel his inner McCoist for an evening it would be wonderful.

As much as I would love a win on Wednesday night, the cups are just a distraction tbh. Doing well in the league is much more important.

There is alot more fight and desire in this Ayr United team than I can remember in previous seasons.

If another doing happens then at least the club got a bit of money out of it.

Although it's good for the bumper payday I would have preferred this game at Somerset, for the reason that it could have given us a better chance of a result. Plus the pitch will be narrower compared to ibrox meaning we wouldn't be getting run to the ground as bad.

Which I fear could have a consequence on next Saturday, however I look forward to Wednesday night and you can never say never in the cup. Just hope we don't get embarrassed.

All through the demise and re-re-re-re-building of Rangers we haven't laid a glove on them,  including the worst Rangers team I have seen last time out. They now appear to have a bit of momentum and I  am expecting an absolute rodgering, although it would be quite ironic if this was the occasion we beat them.

Reading between the lines of McCalls post match interview at Alloa, it sounded like he didn't want to say he has no interest and its not important but hinted that he has no interest and it's not important. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Moore, Docherty, McDaid and McGuffie start. 

And Forrest, he likes a goal against them. 

Edited by diegomarahenry

22 hours ago, Edmond Dantès said:

As much as I would love a win on Wednesday night, the cups are just a distraction tbh. Doing well in the league is much more important.

There is alot more fight and desire in this Ayr United team than I can remember in previous seasons.

If another doing happens then at least the club got a bit of money out of it.

I was also thinking along those same lines until it suddenly struck me that I was being brainwashed into this modern day nonsense that professional footballers are somehow incapable of performing at full capacity in two 90 min matches within 72 hours of each other.

They're apparently fitter than they've ever been, they're allowed more substitutions than ever before, the standard of physiotherapy, nutrition and sports science is apparently hugely ahead of recent years, so really, why are these guys incapable of playing two matches in 3 days ???

Apart from the above, I'd expect Rangers to rest players and as such I don't believe that there's much of a gulf between our best side and their side with a couple of changes.

Let's play our best team and try and win the match, which, after all, is the whole point of the game........................

On 23/09/2018 at 16:08, rb123! said:

Win, Win for us.

Shankland appears in no rush to leave and if someone REALLY wants him in January, then I'd imagine they'd still have to pay £250k+, even though he'd be a free agent in the summer.

19 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I was also thinking along those same lines until it suddenly struck me that I was being brainwashed into this modern day nonsense that professional footballers are somehow incapable of performing at full capacity in two 90 min matches within 72 hours of each other.

They're apparently fitter than they've ever been, they're allowed more substitutions than ever before, the standard of physiotherapy, nutrition and sports science is apparently hugely ahead of recent years, so really, why are these guys incapable of playing two matches in 3 days ???

Apart from the above, I'd expect Rangers to rest players and as such I don't believe that there's much of a gulf between our best side and their side with a couple of changes.

Let's play our best team and try and win the match, which, after all, is the whole point of the game........................

Had enough of listening to those experts, what do they know, eh? Get a sausage supper fired into them and they'll be right as rain. Wasn't like that back in my  day...

Had enough of listening to those experts, what do they know, eh? Get a sausage supper fired into them and they'll be right as rain. Wasn't like that back in my  day...
Experts? What experts?

Maybe at the very highest level it can affect a percentage or two - but the impact at our level is way overblown.

All through the demise and re-re-re-re-building of Rangers we haven't laid a glove on them,  including the worst Rangers team I have seen last time out. They now appear to have a bit of momentum and I  am expecting an absolute rodgering, although it would be quite ironic if this was the occasion we beat them.
Reading between the lines of McCalls post match interview at Alloa, it sounded like he didn't want to say he has no interest and its not important but hinted that he has no interest and it's not important. 
I wouldn't be surprised if Moore, Docherty, McDaid and McGuffie start. 
And Forrest, he likes a goal against them. 
The team that best us 6-1?

I thought they absolutely destroyed us in that game, and looked far better than they had done in their early reincarnations (c2013-14).

41 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Don’t see why we can’t play our strongest team. Part time clubs there might well be an effect with players rushing to and from work. We should have no such issues and Thursdays training can always be apapted to suit

8 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Don’t see why we can’t play our strongest team. Part time clubs there might well be an effect with players rushing to and from work. We should have no such issues and Thursdays training can always be apapted to suit

Just make Thursday a rest day, sorted.

On 23/09/2018 at 20:13, rb123! said:

Although it's good for the bumper payday I would have preferred this game at Somerset, for the reason that it could have given us a better chance of a result. Plus the pitch will be narrower compared to ibrox meaning we wouldn't be getting run to the ground as bad.

Plus the crowd would be higher.

4 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Experts? What experts?

Maybe at the very highest level it can affect a percentage or two - but the impact at our level is way overblown.

I'd suggest on the contrary that a proper fitness / diet regime is the single best way to improve team performance, and that both of the top two strikers in this division are (for different reasons) absolutely crystal-clear examples of that.

Edited by Thumper

Just had a quick look at Rangers home end availability for Wednesday and safe to say it doesn't look like it'll be a sell out, far from it. Would love to know what the explanation was by Rangers as to why we couldn't get anymore tickets, probably stewarding or policing bullshit.

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Just had a quick look at Rangers home end availability for Wednesday and safe to say it doesn't look like it'll be a sell out, far from it. Would love to know what the explanation was by Rangers as to why we couldn't get anymore tickets, probably stewarding or policing bullshit.

I don't even expect the polis to have taken up their full allocation tbh.

All to do with trying to sell more season tickets so they had money to stop them going into administration again and petty point scoring against the likes of Hibs and Celtic, it's all a big joke from a joke of a club.