The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

41 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Don't think we'll be getting a first team player from hearts, he played right back on sat against Celtic, think it was just a rumour which included shank land going there in January and money for Ayr 

obviously nonsense.

Different Smith.

10 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

The only thing now worrying me about Shankland as that seems like it is going to happen.

Hearts one in the bracket of five teams that could afford the transfer fee and would be an attractive proposition to him.

Can’t see Hearts signing Shankland as he is not proven  at that level , they have cover up front , as for Liam Smith I know for a fact Ian McCall spoke to Levien on Friday and the move is a good probability 

5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Wasn't expecting that tweet this morning wonder if it's the boy Smith

I would say definitely the boy Smith, my worry now is that Jones turned down Dundee and they are desperate for a striker , heard they offered over £200k for him so they now have that available for another striker 

We'd be mental to sell Shankland to them especially before the weekend. Can't see him going to Dundee anyway, no disrespect to them but I reckon we'll get the season out of him at this level. 
He'll then go on to a bigger team elsewhere having proven himself with 20odd goals in the league. 

9 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

McCall did mention in one of his interviews that he hoped to get another defender(centre back I think) but would be after the season had started.

After the conversation I had with Ian McCall on Saturday I would be amazed if it is not Liam Smith but stranger things have happened 

12 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
15 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:
After the conversation I had with Ian McCall on Saturday I would be amazed if it is not Liam Smith but stranger things have happened 

Did he give you any more info? like Shankland will be sold over his dead body lol

Unfortunately not , but IMO I can guarantee that the boy Smith will be first choice full back 

Wow will take a bit of imminent signing news, presume it's the boy from hearts, could be another gem of a signing by McCall.

This is just a complete random thought I've had this morning but noticed Boyd up the road is to get a testimonial, any chance we'll be the opponents because I know we were for Hays testimonial. As I say completely random thought I had and wouldn't even want it anyway

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
15 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:
Unfortunately not , but IMO I can guarantee that the boy Smith will be first choice full back 

As much as I love Andy Geggan Smith would be an upgrade

Would be the strongest bench I've ever seen Ayr have.  Not used to this luxury of seeing Ayr have genuine options across the full bench.

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Wow will take a bit of imminent signing news, presume it's the boy from hearts, could be another gem of a signing by McCall.

This is just a complete random thought I've had this morning but noticed Boyd up the road is to get a testimonial, any chance we'll be the opponents because I know we were for Hays testimonial. As I say completely random thought I had and wouldn't even want it anyway

Not a chance Cameron would agree to it.

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

It'll be Rangers they play for that.

How many hours we going to be waiting here for this 'imminent' signing, I reckon an hour at least [emoji23]
Scrap that they've just replied to a comment saying nearer two hours.

Graeme Miller really doesn't know the definition of imminent it seems....