The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

57 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Before the season started there, I had a look at the new Ayr home top and was underwhelmed with how simple it looked. So, being a man of Action and crazyness, I contacted a guy in Sweden to make me a one off Ayr shirt. Cost me £2 including delivery. Wanted Bodog logo on the front. Big bold badge and a sort of camouflage design. Here is the result.... 

It looks like a Cow, with a giant Ayr badge attached and a 'B for Bawbag' as the sponsor.

Please, do let me know what you think. :-) would love an opinion on the top before I go home. 

1531745289883_trimmed.png

It certainly stands out.................

5 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

At the time I thought this was the dogs bollocks then after a few years I realised how terrible it was and gave my replica to a charity shop.

Yeah, to be fair, the guy asked what colours I wanted and I said 'black & white with slight red outline please'. He then asked if he could put in some Grey, I refused. Actually no bad for a couple of quid. 

I've got that Ayr top somewhere in the cupboard....Along with a shrine to Mick Jagger, an old kilmarnock Jersey attached to a dartboard and a small dead pigeon I found in the street years ago that has a note on it saying 'Is this your Sanderling?' 

Edited by Roxanne's man

33 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Yeah, to be fair, the guy asked what colours I wanted and I said 'black & white with slight red outline please'. He then asked if he could put in some Grey, I refused. Actually no bad for a couple of quid. 

I've got that Ayr top somewhere in the cupboard....Along with a shrine to Mick Jagger, an old kilmarnock Jersey attached to a dartboard and a small dead pigeon I found in the street years ago that has a note on it saying 'Is this your Sanderling?' 

Never knew you could get access to the internet in the ailsa.

35 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

You aren’t that bad in your posts tbh, some of it is funny, some cringe and others are to a good point, however some are massive pure dog turd. 

25 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Never knew you could get access to the internet in the ailsa.

That's discrimination to that Ailsa. (I worked there about 15 years back, Good peeps, i went swimmng in the random pools of saliva and there was always funny face competitions going on, or at least I think they were competitions....... It was great. Wasn't allowed a carryout though.) 

DSC_0176.JPG

Edited by Roxanne's man

That's discrimination to that Ailsa. (I worked there about 15 years back, Good peeps, i went swimmng in the random pools of saliva and there was always funny face competitions going on, or at least I think they were competitions....... It was great. Wasn't allowed a carryout though.) 
DSC_0176.thumb.JPG.e112e02a009fbbe49d81bc46486a2d6a.JPG

Copy and paste job from the last time someone accused you as being from ailsa?

Reading back through the last couple of pages of this talking about Roberts time at the club etc and the types of signings just makes it obvious how far McCall has brought this club as a whole with the full time football, the quality of the team and the type of players we can now attract. We're no longer a go to club for players trying to revitalise their careers and then move away when they become half decent or former wonders seeing out their careers in the lower dregs of Scottish football. There's a general buzz and togetherness once again which had been lost in recent times, it really feels as if now we're all behind the club and the way it's going.

I would also say the club is in a much better position aswell in terms of the business side with club ownership of the shop and hospitality suite helping to bring in a lot of revenue and the commercial side is growing well with the likes of sponsorship events selling out along with the successful POTY.

I know McCall hasn't done all of the above but he's certainly brought a professionalism about the club which just wasn't there under the likes of Roberts and probably Reid IMO, i mean i really do see us now modeled as a 'proper' football club and not just seen as 'part time yo-yo's struggling along'.

8 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Reading back through the last couple of pages of this talking about Roberts time at the club etc and the types of signings just makes it obvious how far McCall has brought this club as a whole with the full time football, the quality of the team and the type of players we can now attract. We're no longer a go to club for players trying to revitalise their careers and then move away when they become half decent or former wonders seeing out their careers in the lower dregs of Scottish football. There's a general buzz and togetherness once again which had been lost in recent times, it really feels as if now we're all behind the club and the way it's going.

I would also say the club is in a much better position aswell in terms of the business side with club ownership of the shop and hospitality suite helping to bring in a lot of revenue and the commercial side is growing well with the likes of sponsorship events selling out along with the successful POTY.

I know McCall hasn't done all of the above but he's certainly brought a professionalism about the club which just wasn't there under the likes of Roberts and probably Reid IMO, i mean i really do see us now modeled as a 'proper' football club and not just seen as 'part time yo-yo's struggling along'.

This is the best post ive seen all week. :-) 

5 hours ago, Waniche said:

Oh those unglorified years after the Barr era, of having teams made up of players that weren’t even good enough for the juniors.

How can anybody forget? 

.......well until Stevo came home.  

It really was .the few season's after the barr era we we're not much better than junior teams .particularly the neil watt ,two rabs team's .makes me shudder thinking about it .hardly missed a game either .dougie ramsay,david lowing,chris robertson,eddie forrest ,john hilcoat ,paul weaver ,Graham brown ,gareth wardlaw to name a few .

I'm still finding it hard to believe that Ayr would pay that much for Scott McLaughlin. Seems unjustified. I feel at the time, there would have been much better players playing for a lot less. I'm not a master critic but, There were many better players in the league playing for next to hee-haw. £450 a week for his services?
No thank you. I'd actually have preferred Martyn Campbell, Eddie Malone or Neil Mcgregor, yes the debate that they were shit is there, though I'd rather them than an overpaid mclaughlin. 
The only players during Mark Roberts tenure who annoys me more than McLaughlin are Craig Beattie, who I bet got paid a shit load for being ex Celtic and Jon-Paul Mcgovern, who probably got paid a load too, who both did nothing in their time at Somerset. While Rory Mcalister and probably Blair Henderson were probably getting paid less and scoring goals for shits and giggles. 
How much is Scott McLaughlin getting at Albion? He sucking them dry too? 

Martyn Campbell and Eddie Malone were shit? Whitttttt