The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

That'll be why the figure stuck in my head.

Crazy. Surely players don't get paid that much at the club now. A then part-time team, surely the wage bill was much less than what it is now that Ayr is full time. To ask for £450 a week, I know where I'd be telling the silly c**t to go. There's Much better players playing for less. 

5 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Crazy. Surely players don't get paid that much at the club now. A then part-time team, surely the wage bill was much less than what it is now that Ayr is full time. To ask for £450 a week, I know where I'd be telling the silly c**t to go. There's Much better players playing for less. 

I've no idea how accurate that figure is but I've no reason to question the person that provided it at the time, he's certainly not someone who spouts pish deliberately.

8 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Im sure the FT players are on a lot more than that at the moment, most will be 11 months contract (usually to end of May) even 50 weeks at £400 week is £20k a year, hardly breaking the bank, or much more minimum wage.

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

Im sure the FT players are on a lot more than that at the moment, most will be 11 months contract (usually to end of May) even 50 weeks at £400 week is £20k a year, hardly breaking the bank, or much more minimum wage.

I think you probably need to take into account that while nominally 'full time' it is very unlikely any of our players are 'working' (or being paid for) 35-40 hours a week...

59 minutes ago, Kitty_Boy said:

I think you probably need to take into account that while nominally 'full time' it is very unlikely any of our players are 'working' (or being paid for) 35-40 hours a week...

I'm still finding it hard to believe that Ayr would pay that much for Scott McLaughlin. Seems unjustified. I feel at the time, there would have been much better players playing for a lot less. I'm not a master critic but, There were many better players in the league playing for next to hee-haw. £450 a week for his services?

No thank you. I'd actually have preferred Martyn Campbell, Eddie Malone or Neil Mcgregor, yes the debate that they were shit is there, though I'd rather them than an overpaid mclaughlin. 

The only players during Mark Roberts tenure who annoys me more than McLaughlin are Craig Beattie, who I bet got paid a shit load for being ex Celtic and Jon-Paul Mcgovern, who probably got paid a load too, who both did nothing in their time at Somerset. While Rory Mcalister and probably Blair Henderson were probably getting paid less and scoring goals for shits and giggles. 

How much is Scott McLaughlin getting at Albion? He sucking them dry too? 

Edited by Roxanne's man
Annoyed at Scott McLaughlin.

1 hour ago, Kitty_Boy said:

I get that, but given they are now training during the day, rather than evenings, you would think football is their main, if not only source of income so unless they are still staying at home with their parents so anything less than £20 - 25K a year (400-500 a week) is hardly worth while, as they'd be way better off stacking shelves in Tesco, and playing pt for £100 week.

16 minutes ago, honestly united said:

playing pt

Isn't that what you do while being at a part time team? have another job while playing at weekend and maybe a training sesh through the week? 

He was on full time wages. Not nice. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

I'm still finding it hard to believe that Ayr would pay that much for Scott McLaughlin. Seems unjustified. I feel at the time, there would have been much better players playing for a lot less. I'm not a master critic but, There were many better players in the league playing for next to hee-haw. £450 a week for his services?
No thank you. I'd actually have preferred Martyn Campbell, Eddie Malone or Neil Mcgregor, yes the debate that they were shit is there, though I'd rather them than an overpaid mclaughlin. 
The only players during Mark Roberts tenure who annoys me more than McLaughlin are Craig Beattie, who I bet got paid a shit load for being ex Celtic and Jon-Paul Mcgovern, who probably got paid a load too, who both did nothing in their time at Somerset. While Rory Mcalister and probably Blair Henderson were probably getting paid less and scoring goals for shits and giggles. 
How much is Scott McLaughlin getting at Albion? He sucking them dry too? 

Bit harsh on JP McGovern imo. He was a decent player and was one of the only ones that left along with Blakeman that I’d have wanted to stay. Would certainly have come in handy the following season when all our midfielders were injured.

McLaughlin has left Albion. Plays in the Lowland league now.

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Bit harsh on JP McGovern imo. He was a decent player and was one of the only ones that left along with Blakeman that I’d have wanted to stay. Would certainly have come in handy the following season when all our midfielders were injured.

McLaughlin has left Albion. Plays in the Lowland league now.

Wasn't a fan of Mcgovern to be honest. Every time he came on I wanted to sing 'There has to be a morning after!' With the pedigree he had (as made out by Mark Roberts when signing) he should have done a lot better. Between Blakeman, Devlin and Murphy for his better signing. 

I always wondered why Ayr never robbed the lowland league for players. Some aren't all that bad. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

Remember being in the disabled end with my brother and Beattie who'd just joined was warming up, an old pal of his shouted down from the family stand to him asking why he's not playing. Beattie astounded me with shouting back my hamstrings are completely gone can't really run that much and shuffled away, I thought very good we've got a mother dud player who won't play much.

On Saturdays game I thought Crawford and Murdoch looked a tasty partnership when they moved Robbie inside,  and before you say it yes I'll bite the bullet on Robbie, and think this guy Murdoch is gonna help him big time.

19 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Wasn't a fan of Mcgovern to be honest. Every time he came on I wanted to sing 'There has to be a morning after!' With the pedigree he had (as made out by Mark Roberts when signing) he should have done a lot better. Between Blakeman, Devlin and Murphy for his better signing. 

I always wondered why Ayr never robbed the lowland league for players. Some aren't all that bad. 

Finding diamonds in the juniors is a hell of a task. Moff is a good example of the rough diamonds. However, look at some of our ex players though who struggled - Ryan McStay / David Sinclair both in the juniors now. Alot of our ex-youth prospects have ended up playing at the likes Stranraer / Hurlford & Troon. Not taking it away from those guys but there is a reason they play at that level. It could be an inability to commit due to external work or it could be level of ability (McStay and Sinclair def in this category as they were brutal). 

Moffs, Doolans and Erskines don't come along every day, if they did I'd imagine we would have scouts banding their names about trying to open a door in the SPFL for them. 

3 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Finding diamonds in the juniors is a hell of a task. Moff is a good example of the rough diamonds. However, look at some of our ex players though who struggled - Ryan McStay / David Sinclair both in the juniors now. Alot of our ex-youth prospects have ended up playing at the likes Stranraer / Hurlford & Troon. Not taking it away from those guys but there is a reason they play at that level. It could be an inability to commit due to external work or it could be level of ability (McStay and Sinclair def in this category as they were brutal). 

Moffs, Doolans and Erskines don't come along every day, if they did I'd imagine we would have scouts banding their names about trying to open a door in the SPFL for them. 

Gordon pope being an example I guess, Auchinleck to Ayr and back. Moffat is a great find, I agree. There has to be a few more in the lower leagues, Is Ayrs Scouting network good? 

Ally Morrison master scout -junior and Amy players only mind

Before the season started there, I had a look at the new Ayr home top and was underwhelmed with how simple it looked. So, being a man of Action and crazyness, I contacted a guy in Sweden to make me a one off Ayr shirt. Cost me £2 including delivery. Wanted Bodog logo on the front. Big bold badge and a sort of camouflage design. Here is the result.... 

It looks like a Cow, with a giant Ayr badge attached and a 'B for Bawbag' as the sponsor.

Please, do let me know what you think. :-) would love an opinion on the top before I go home. 

1531745289883_trimmed.png

Edited by Roxanne's man
I'm at my work bored as f**k.