The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Dobbie got 27 last season in total. 

Yeah, for whatever reason I related that comment to league goals only. (Assuming BBC have Dobbie’s league goals right)

Going back to that previous point, if were not solely looking at league games I’m sure Shankland will score 25.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, for whatever reason I related that comment to league goals only. (Assuming BBC have Dobbie’s league goals right)

Going back to that previous point, if were not solely looking at league games I’m sure Shankland will score 25.

He might. He is clearly talented and has made a 3 goal start today. However in the last two seasons only Dobbie (twice) and Jason Cummings have managed that at this level. 

9 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He might. He is clearly talented and has made a 3 goal start today. However in the last two seasons only Dobbie (twice) and Jason Cummings have managed that at this level. 

I wouldn't swap Shankland for anyone in this league and I think Dobbie is too good for this league.

Edited by ayrmad

39 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It would be silly to doubt Shankland. The boy went out today and scored a hat-trick on the first game of the season, if I were to put money on anyone to win a goal tally at the end of the season, Shankland through and through. 

Dobbie is a great player, so when in a few years hes retired (which is inevitable, he's 35 now. ) Shankland (who is only 22.) will have improved and be a better player by then. There is a lot more to come from him. 

I think a target of 25 would be the very minimal for Shankland. It'll Be great to see at the end of the season who has the highest tally. 

Edited by Roxanne's man
My North Korean neighbour never complains....

8 hours ago, Waniche said:

Geggan was full of confidence. I listened to some roasters on the north terrace say we we were going to get pumped. All I I can say is gtrfuy

eta....was a pleasure seeing itzdrk. 

:wub:

Shankland looked immense in the highlights. Strong hold up play, done all the running into the channels, deadly in front of goal. Kerr and Murdoch staking claims for midfield starters. Forrest, McDaid, McGuffie and Crawford all looking threatening. Hard to judge the back 4 with how poor Morton played. Doohan unlucky for me with the goal, clever free kick and would’ve been caught surprised with it going low.

Hoping to see a few of Ecrepont, McCowan, Murphy et al next week.

4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Shankland looked immense in the highlights. Strong hold up play, done all the running into the channels, deadly in front of goal. Kerr and Murdoch staking claims for midfield starters. Forrest, McDaid, McGuffie and Crawford all looking threatening. Hard to judge the back 4 with how poor Morton played. Doohan unlucky for me with the goal, clever free kick and would’ve been caught surprised with it going low.

Hoping to see a few of Ecrepont, McCowan, Murphy et al next week.

Can't play first team fitba until July 30th.  

What's our thoughts on the crowd yesterday, 1586 looks quite good until you realise they was 431 Morton fans meaning there was only 1,155 Ayr fans.

Yes it's the holiday season and probably quite a few people away but McCall was very disappointed with the crowd, being at the game i would have said there was more than 1,500 but there you go.

How many home fans do we reckon we'll get in the league this season at home, i'd certainly expect about 2,000 for the Partick game.