The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

This is the team we kicked off with last time we were in the championship, I for one think we have a far better chance with current squad, we have goals all over the team, yeah maybe we are a bit light at the back but I think we can give it a right go this year.Screenshot_20180712-221400_Chrome.jpg

9 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Yeah, I got relegated twice in football manager as Ayr, despite having £10000000 in the transfer kitty and my granny beats me at fifa. :-) 

Just saying, he'd play for next to hee-haw and with the budget being so tight, fills the 'silly knob-end' defender we seem to be missing at the back as cover. 

Plus, he's a great advertisement for Mr. Sheen. What's to lose? 

We have plenty of cover for CB, Rose/Bell/Higgins/Adams/Ferguson. If we bring a CB I’d hope they’d be coming in to be a starter. 

This is the team we kicked off with last time we were in the championship, I for one think we have a far better chance with current squad, we have goals all over the team, yeah maybe we are a bit light at the back but I think we can give it a right go this year.Screenshot_20180712-221400_Chrome.thumb.jpg.362883e31876b564c3a5715eaf1aec26.jpg

Devlin and possibly Fleming are the only 2 players there that have left Ayr that’d I’d take back.

I say possibly Fleming as this Doohan guy might turn out to be much better.

Devlin and possibly Fleming are the only 2 players there that have left Ayr that’d I’d take back.

I say possibly Fleming as this Doohan guy might turn out to be much better.
Devlin is the only one who would be an upgrade on what we have at moment, I honestly think this young exciting team are going to shock a few teams this year.

Devlin is the only one who would be an upgrade on what we have at moment, I honestly think this young exciting team are going to shock a few teams this year.

I think the big thing is when you look at a lot of the younger players like McDaid, Harvie, Rose, Shankland, Moore and Ferguson they’ve all either signed or came through at a Premiership club and ultimately been told they’re not good enough to cut it at that level.

What I see in those guys is a hunger to prove people wrong and get back to playing at a higher level. Now hopefully they stay at Ayr beyond this season but if the club can help these guys get their careers back on track then not only is that something to be proud of but other young guys will look at Ayr as a way of becoming better and as a platform where they can show what they can do.

21 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

This is the team we kicked off with last time we were in the championship, I for one think we have a far better chance with current squad, we have goals all over the team, yeah maybe we are a bit light at the back but I think we can give it a right go this year.Screenshot_20180712-221400_Chrome.jpg

Id happily take back Mickey Donald, he's away in Florida as head coach of Florida F. C. Would have gave us something on the right. Gary Harkins came in afterwards but he's elsewhere and was played out of position mostly. 

There's one of my lesser favourite players there, Paul Cairney. Full of hype and did sweet F. A. Premiership my hole. Moffat does better as attacking mid now IMO. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

There's one of my lesser favourite players there, Paul Cairney. Full of hype and did sweet F. A. Premiership my hole. Moffat does better as attacking mid now IMO. 

On the subject of Cairney, I came across this picture the other day. He looks massive for a professional footballer. I think that was one of the main problems of your last time in the league,the fitness. Now your full time it shouldn't be a problem you'd like to think.IMG_4276.thumb.PNG.fe7c3f64e1693bca99d4d44ba24feeb2.PNG

Id happily take back Mickey Donald, he's away in Florida as head coach of Florida F. C. Would have gave us something on the right. Gary Harkins came in afterwards but he's elsewhere and was played out of position mostly. 

You’re verging on being even worse than Ally Morrison.

First Gerry Bombscare McLauchlan, now fucking Mikey Donald.

20 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

You’re verging on being even worse than Ally Morrison.

First Gerry Bombscare McLauchlan, now fucking Mikey Donald.

I'm obliged to say that, his dad was my driving instructor.

There's got to be a decent defender out there that is a free agent and wouldn't damage the invisible wage bill. Unless we take another loanee, Wallace Duffy from Celtic looks a dead cert for the future and a good strong defender. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

I'm obliged to say that, his dad is my driving instructor.

There's got to be a decent defender out there that is a free agent and wouldn't damage the invisible wage bill. Unless we take another loanee, Wallace Duffy from Celtic looks a dead cert for the future and a good strong defender. 

Give it a rest Ally Jr.

I still think if we were to sign a centre half then we could do a lot worse than M’Voto.

Other centre half’s without clubs are Paul Watson and Luca Gasparotto.

Saying all that if we can only afford to give Ferguson a 6 month deal then the budget must be completely empty.

If McCall WAS given a strict budget this season, as quoted by Lachlan (no more hand outs from him) then I really think he has worked wonders to keep those players from last season, no doubt on better terms for most (step up in league) and added who he has.

2 more sleeps to kick off!!!!!

Pisses me off. Yes, I understand it from lachlan Camerons perspective, it's a lot of money to just hand over. 

Yet that lottery winning fella from largs just handed Partick thistle £600000.

McCall has been working wonders in both adding to the squad and keeping the majority of players from last season. Is there any other way to get money into this team? 

On the subject of Cairney, I came across this picture the other day. He looks massive for a professional footballer. I think that was one of the main problems of your last time in the league,the fitness. Now your full time it shouldn't be a problem you'd like to think.imageproxy.php?img=&key=9e759d80ec736539eb895d95ff48513925e949592016730416d4e3a28fa799a7IMG_4276.thumb.PNG.fe7c3f64e1693bca99d4d44ba24feeb2.PNG
Still rattled in the winner against us at Somerset :(

3 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:

Some Ayr fan really needs to win Euro millions then we would be sorted for ever.

Just a few. If 10 of us win we could put £5 each and run it forever. 

Seriously, is there a way to get money into this club? 

Just a few. If 10 of us win we could put £5 each and run it forever. 
Seriously, is there a way to get money into this club? 

Buy season tickets and get more punters through the gates

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Buy season tickets and get more punters through the gates

Well, in theory, yes. Unfortunately this is Scotland and, despite the fact Ayr is 30 odd miles away from Glasgow, people would rather support an old firm team and keep themselves 'accepted' amongst others. A sort of Glory seeking to an extent. If people did get behind the Ayr team and Ayr had the crowd they should have, There would be a shit load of money. Better stadium, team and games. Unless we draw Celtic/Rangers at Somerset in a cup game.... There's got to be another way to get this team dosh. My mind will boggle on this tonight.