The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Murdoch is a good piece of business for Ayr, surprised to learn that Morton released him.  I thought he played very well against Celtic in the Scottish Cup game at Celtic Park last year, a midfield partnership with Gary Harkins prevented the scoreline being bigger.

Edited by senorsoupe

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

To be announced later this afternoon, he has some important business to attend to first, wonder what that means? Dh52BZlXcAEj3JQ.jpeg

Scenes if it’s not Doohan and it’s a permanent goalie and he’s getting a house sorted to stay in Ayr...

This league is so tight that it makes me worry slightly when teams expected to be near the bottom of the league sign players as talented as Murdoch.

If Ayr sign more players like him then they could be very competitive this season.

To be announced later this afternoon, he has some important business to attend to first, wonder what that means? Dh52BZlXcAEj3JQ.thumb.jpeg.a39021e8ab911344ce8c89e53f8f3d36.jpeg

He needs to get the train up from Wolverhampton before he can sign!!!

3 minutes ago, port-ton said:

This league is so tight that it makes me worry slightly when teams expected to be near the bottom of the league sign players as talented as Murdoch.

If Ayr sign more players like him then they could be very competitive this season.

That’ll be more or less us. Ideally get another centre half, but pleased with the squad we have.

2 hours ago, Hursty said:

I think from what I can remember the keepers played game about at Toulon.

Aah right, I just saw the England match with McCrorie in goals and assumed he was first choice, although Doohan did have the actual #1 jersey in the squad, if that actually means anything nowadays. (just clutching at straws here, thinking we're getting the best keeper between them)....................

Would take Doohan or Mcrorie. Seems clear Mccall is fielding a young team to develop together. Wouldn't surprise me if a few ended up at the old firm or down south in the not too distant future. Ayr first and foremost though.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

IMG_0398.thumb.jpg.41d34bd720629fe1f7a25b0820c120c5.jpg

Strange?

The input from AU Media that is!

Maybe to get them straight into training and planning for Saturday because i think we still train up at the West of Scotland Rugby Club in Glasgow some days so the players maybe had to get straight up their for training this afternoon, strange one though.

Murdoch is a great signing and good to see players of that quality arrive. Not really sure why Ferguson has been signed again particularly when we keep being reminded there is no cash. Wouldn’t think he’s that much better than some of our youth players and any wages saved could easily be spent elsewhere 

Murdoch is a great signing and good to see players of that quality arrive. Not really sure why Ferguson has been signed again particularly when we keep being reminded there is no cash. Wouldn’t think he’s that much better than some of our youth players and any wages saved could easily be spent elsewhere 

We have no cover at right or left back (apart from a 16 year old) so surely it is obvious why he has signed.

People always say this about our youth players, he is quite clearly miles in front of them and is only a year or two older than them too. He needs to work on the defensive side of his game but has a fantastic delivery into the box from deep.