The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 hours ago, Nightmare said:

A couple of things worth responding to here.

Firstly, Jacqui Low never put a single penny into Partick Thistle. Her M.O. was finding someone else who would invest the money while she could take the credit for it. Which is why she cosied up to Colin Weir in the first place; because he had a bottomless pit of money that she could exploit for her own gains.

Second point which I've bolded is perhaps more important to clarify. It was the "wealthy individual owner route" which has left Thistle in this mess - which the fan-owned enterprise is now in the process of having to clean up. It's thanks to two accountants on the Jags Foundation board that the club have stopped hemorrhaging money.

A wealthy individual owner can be fine if they care about the club. You know all about that at Ayr. But if you get one who doesn't, then the shit can really hit the fan if they get bored, are poorly advised or just have no idea what they're doing.

Low was ousted after a period of two sides fighting for control of the club. Had she still been in charge right now is there anything to say that new investment wouldn't have appeared or she would be sitting now being held to account? 

The new board appeared with bold plans but didn't seem to secure the investment that was mentioned. Had this arrived would this not have had an impact on the current figures being mentioned?

From the outside looking in it may well be a reckless owner that has walked the club into shit creek. Likewise a group of well intentioned fans without much funding for a transition period that may be learning the hard way. It could also be a mixture of both happening. The statements released yesterday certainly place this at one door and it certainly doesn't look that one sided 

Smith is effectively a striker as he can get on the end of moves and does his best work in and around the box. I think if he signed you’ve got to almost play a 442 or 4231 with him. Also whilst he’s not a wide player he can definitely play on the left cutting inside. Did it for us and St Mirren (I think?) to good effect. 

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

I’m pretty sure Conway signed under freedom of contract so not sure in what sense we let him sign for Dundee Utd.  The truth is Ayr were the victim of a system rigged against smaller clubs.  

He did, but we were due a development fee, Cameron allowed him to move without negotiating one before the player left.

This meant we had to take Dundee United to a tribunal which cost us outlay and we had to wait about a year for it to be paid. 

The Tiffoney situation was created as a result of Ayr wanting cash up front and him spitting the dummy because we wouldn’t do the same for him. 

Genuinely cannot believe the stuff some of you lot are saying about Cammy Smith. He's basically not done anything since his brilliant spell at St Mirren, flattered to deceive at Ayr and left us in the lurch. No thanks wee pal, enjoy Falkirk. 

Our League Cup draw really was designed with me in mind. Alloa, Stenhousemuir and Stirling are all in close proximity to me. Selfishly, if we want to play all our games away from home in the League Cup I'm all for it!

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

Genuinely cannot believe the stuff some of you lot are saying about Cammy Smith. He's basically not done anything since his brilliant spell at St Mirren, flattered to deceive at Ayr and left us in the lurch. No thanks wee pal, enjoy Falkirk. 

Whit? He was very good for Ayr and the majority of fans were gutted when he left for America. 

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

Six goals, and three assists in 19 starts absolutely isn’t flattering to deceive for us - quite the opposite tbh. 

ETA, in a stinking team too. 

Edited by No_Problemo

I hope the club have learned there lesson from a few years ago and intersperse pictures of tractors and workmen with football news. 

I can see us going in to the week of the league cup starting with no more signings and the club will be posting pictures of grass growing. 

29 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I hope the club have learned there lesson from a few years ago and intersperse pictures of tractors and workmen with football news. 

I can see us going in to the week of the league cup starting with no more signings and the club will be posting pictures of grass growing. 

This. Ideally we'll have another 6 signings prior to the league cup starting 

19 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

since i'll be playing at it myself i'll pay him off to come back as well just to sweeten the deal 

Did we not start our first season back in the Championship (2018/19) with Adams as Captain? I think Docherty might have been out injured.

I miss the big farmer, such a colossus,  gave his all, all of the time and he could do a job wherever he was asked to play.

Don't get in his way at the benefit game or he'll steamroller you. I might be in attendance, it sounds like a good event for the kids.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

These weren't posted by the club, the pictures are from the companies Facebook page that are doing the work. 

10 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Smith is effectively a striker as he can get on the end of moves and does his best work in and around the box. I think if he signed you’ve got to almost play a 442 or 4231 with him. Also whilst he’s not a wide player he can definitely play on the left cutting inside. Did it for us and St Mirren (I think?) to good effect. 

If we can him back to the form he was on when last with us then it would be worth it . Think Bullen could get the arm round him etc .. it would mean a 442 which would mean a much stronger midfield,  maybe only one out and out winger .. At no 10 Smith could link up play the way Moff used to . Still need a decent no9 in complete the set though ....

On Smith, don't feel he's really done anything of note since coming back to Scotland to warrant him coming in as probably one of the top earners in the club.  Coupled with his falling out with Dave Smith when he came back, just don't see it.  He wouldn't work in a 3 with Murdoch and Dempsey as neither are defensive mids, both Murdoch and Dempsey are no.8 types, needing a no.6 Adams type in a 3 with them.  Could potentially work in a 4-4-1-1 playing off the striker, but one of Dempsey/Murdoch needs dropped for a more defensive midfielder and doesn't fit the winger criteria for Bullen.