The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Darren Brownlie?

He’s done more for us this season than some of our forwards. 

10 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Pish. And a w**k. 

Was hardly pish for us. Suffered under McCall and I think he’ll be back to his best next season. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

He’s done more for us this season than some of our forwards. 

Was hardly pish for us. Suffered under McCall and I think he’ll be back to his best next season. 

Shows how bad he was, when we relese Brownlie and are left with no centre backs.

The issue with Cammy Smith is that you need to play him as a No 10 and build the rest of the team around that.  Are we prepared to do that? Is he good enough?  Possibly yes given his time at St Mirren, but we’d likely end up making the same mistake as last time and play him out wide.

Did he not burn his bridges with Dave smith? id take him but was under the impression that he promised he’d sign back on with us after his trip to the states and signed for partick instead. The other thing to consider is does he not have the same agent as toderov? 

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Could we not just agree to play all our cup games at the oppositions grounds? Save a bit of ballache. 

Think it's against the competition rules even though it's the most sensible option. 

5 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Did he not burn his bridges with Dave smith? id take him but was under the impression that he promised he’d sign back on with us after his trip to the states and signed for partick instead. The other thing to consider is does he not have the same agent as toderov? 

I think the club were annoyed that we didn’t get the chance to make him an offer, but the suggestion that he promised to sign is likely the story growing arms and legs.

2 hours ago, Nelson said:

Blaming him for Kilmarnock’s unscrupulous behaviour or being screwed over by a transfer tribunal for Conway seems pretty harsh.

He went to the SFA to complain about Kilmarnock and were told that what they did was shitty but above board, had he had experience, he’d have known that.

The same went for the naivety shown in letting Conway sign for Dundee United to allow the player to progress, leaving us out of pocket for over a year. 

Harsh lessons learned

Smith is like a better version of Trouten for me, as someone else said you need to build the team around him but he's not good enough to justify that imo. He's also been stinking the place out at Partick. I think we can do better.

I'd take Cammy Smith back in a heartbeat. Was very good for us, not sure why it hasn't worked out for him at Partick Thistle. If we're going with a 4-3-3 I can see him being the more attacking of the midfield 3 with Murdoch and Dempsey holding. 

36 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He went to the SFA to complain about Kilmarnock and were told that what they did was shitty but above board, had he had experience, he’d have known that.

The same went for the naivety shown in letting Conway sign for Dundee United to allow the player to progress, leaving us out of pocket for over a year. 

Harsh lessons learned

I’m pretty sure Conway signed under freedom of contract so not sure in what sense we let him sign for Dundee Utd.  The truth is Ayr were the victim of a system rigged against smaller clubs.