The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

The only one of those we have any  chance whatsoever of getting would be Smith , Rose way above our level , McCowan signed new contract and can’t see United selling Chalmers due to their relegation 

Liam Smith and Lewis Strapp would be a fine pair of fullbacks 

3 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Jordan’s confidence was torn to absolute shreds under Hopkin, according to his parents.  And that was at the time, not even with hindsight.  I hope the boy does well at QOS.

Is that the nice version? 

Houston had his best spell under Kerr in the season that was cut short. We were all quite pleased that we’d managed to get him permanently and I remember him having some really good games for us. 

I have absolutely no idea what happened to him as he’s been poor ever since we came back after COVID.

Liam Smith would be a handy signing due to his ability to play right and left back. 

35 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Well, his mum and dad seemed nice, and I bought them a pie, so only fair to keep it moderate

His Dad did not give me the nice version :lol:

40 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Just catching up on the Paul Shepherd story.  Proper Nutter.  I seem to remember him as a pretty mild mannered player! 

Must admit I was shocked at his lack of hair, then I read what he'd been up to!

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

I'd be very surprised if Liam Smith dropped down to Championship level 

He was one of the worst players in a team that finished bottom. I think if anyone’s going to drop down a division it would be him.

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

I'd be very surprised if Liam Smith dropped down to Championship level 

Surely given he was shite for the worst team in the premiership this season the natural step is a drop down to championship? 

54 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Good luck to Houston.

Would QoS like Paddy Reading? We'll waive the fee and even drive him down to Dumfries!

Uh no. If the club could get money for Joe Chalmers then there is always a chance.

Hope it works out for Houston. I’m really not sure if he flattered to deceive in his first season in a much better Ayr side than he played in at any point subsequently, or if all his injury problems did take something out of him.  A fresh start seems like the right thing.

9 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Good luck to Houston.

Would QoS like Paddy Reading? We'll waive the fee and even drive him down to Dumfries!

I'll happily cover the petrol. 

12 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Liam Smith and Lewis Strapp would be a fine pair of fullbacks 

I would be surprised if Lewis left one Championship club only to join another.

Thats not career progression.