The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 hours ago, rb123! said:

McInroy doesn't seem to be getting released by Killie in a rather bizarre move for someone who's made a whopping 11 appearances all season 

He signed a two-year deal, so he was never going to be released.

14 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I know you've never rated him but you don't think he's worse this season than he has been in previous seasons? This season I think his weaknesses have become far more evident. 

If you were to trawl far enough back people thought he might get a move to a bigger team. At one point he was one of the few players worth talking about , certainly from an attacking sense. This season has been totally different though and certainly a weak link. Should have been put on the bench and made to fight for his place.

Reading had some positive chat around him at points solely on the basis of the attacking intent. For a while he was quite good at getting forward and could deliver a decent ball.

He's never really been able to defend - and the most galing thing is how basic some of the stuff he gets consistently wrong is. His confidence is clearly completely shot, which obviously will not help.

I think he'd be better off dropping a level to see how he gets on. I would be very very concerned if we go into next season with him in and around the first team.

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

He signed a two-year deal, so he was never going to be released.

Aye but given he's not even been included in your match day squad on a good few occasions  mutual termination surely wouldn't come as too much of a shock? 

In Readings first season, although he was defensively not great, I thought his passing and crossing were pretty good and if he had been able to work on the defensive side of his game that we would have a good player. However, and probably due to us playing hoofball since Kerr left, his attacking side has deteroriated significantly and his defensive side hasnt improved (got worse?).

A change of scenary may be what he needs to jumpstart his career, and you never know a break over the summer and some coaching we may still see a player, but probably not

Edit to add if we had ever gone with 3 CB's I think that would have seen us getting the best out of both Houston and Raading, as both were never great defenisvely but had a decent range of passing. However last season especially wouldnt have suited us in an attacking sense as we had decent wingers at the start of the season in Mullin and CHalmers

Edited by honestly united

Reading probably benefits from a lack of available highlights from his first two seasons to show his mistakes. First season was a streaming year and second we hid everything on the awful AUTV.

While nobody was going to be better than Harvie Reading's been making the same mistakes since he arrived and was dropped by Kerr for Ndaba until he was sacked. Second season he had a scapegoat in McGinty beside him and got some credit for his derby winner but errors were still present.

Essentially his only attribute is being able to run up and down for 90 mins, which is more of a weakness as it just means he's out of position a lot.

2 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

Reading probably benefits from a lack of available highlights from his first two seasons to show his mistakes. First season was a streaming year and second we hid everything on the awful AUTV.

While nobody was going to be better than Harvie Reading's been making the same mistakes since he arrived and was dropped by Kerr for Ndaba until he was sacked. Second season he had a scapegoat in McGinty beside him and got some credit for his derby winner but errors were still present.

Essentially his only attribute is being able to run up and down for 90 mins, which is more of a weakness as it just means he's out of position a lot.

Reading has been very poor this season and there's no getting away from that but I'd think most would agree that Houston was consistently far worse at RB over the past couple of seasons than Reading ever was at LB but that said both have been pretty awful.

I'd take Liam Smith back in a minute for RB but other than Strapp I'm struggling to think of any really solid and consistent LB's at this level but I suppose that's exactly WHY they're at this level....

6 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Just updating as read on this thread suggestions he may sign for you boys. 

Fair enough, loads of decent players are being touted at the moment my heart will continue break a little more as they sign for other clubs 😂

25 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Just updating as read on this thread suggestions he may sign for you boys. 

McMullan is the latest rumour who I'd also be overjoyed about !!

21 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

McMullan is the latest rumour who I'd also be overjoyed about !!

He’s a class player at this level. Three promotions and up there with top assists in those seasons.  

Edited by Liam899

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

I'd take Liam Smith back in a minute for RB but other than Strapp I'm struggling to think of any really solid and consistent LB's at this level but I suppose that's exactly WHY they're at this level....

There Is also Lawson and Longridge who should fall inside any consolidation budget we may have .

I’m sure I heard Accies fans saying that Lawson was hopeless this season so maybe he just managed to turn it on against us. 

Would like to think we’ll announce something this week. Mutch has been sorted for ages so not sure what the hold up is there and I’d guess Stanger is pretty close as well.