The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

With both Morton and Raith introducing free season tickets for under 12’s,  (I’m not entirely sure about the Raith one, but Morton it is two free seasons with a paying adult) I wonder if it is something that the club is considering?

I would hope that they are,  the only slight issue I have with the paying adult part is that the most disadvantaged kids will inevitably miss out, but I guess this could be addressed though the usual community work etc.

Showing my age here but I freaking hope not. We already have too many misbehaving weans at Somerset. Think the place is Pirates Pete's at times rather than a fitba ground. 

43 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

How about playing matches overseas? It would be a tremendous boost for the club's profile.

I think the idea is good, maybe have Ayr do a tour of a certain country. We've been to Wales and England in recent-ish years, maybe a tour of Ireland or a european country during preseason?

Also gives us a look at whatever football talent is there in whatever country aswell.

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

I think the idea is good, maybe have Ayr do a tour of a certain country. We've been to Wales and England in recent-ish years, maybe a tour of Ireland or a european country during preseason?

Also gives us a look at whatever football talent is there in whatever country aswell.

It would probably cost a metric fuckton.

4 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

It would probably cost a metric fuckton.

So, converting that to an Imperial fuckton you multiply by 1.1? With Rwanda so close to Zambia, surely the Government has some free space on flights? Bet Frankie could get you lot hooked up with some good discounts at the Neelkanth Sarovar Premiere in Lusaka.

5 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Showing my age here but I freaking hope not. We already have too many misbehaving weans at Somerset. Think the place is Pirates Pete's at times rather than a fitba ground. 

I think the should get a free drum coming into annoy you more 

9 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Absolutely showing your age! 

Partick are the case study in all of this, and by all accounts it worked really well for them. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Absolutely showing your age! 

Partick are the case study in all of this, and by all accounts it worked really well for them. 

We now have a younger support coming through. And ,I would wager that the scheme certainly helped in that matter.

Thinking about actually watching the matches next season and just how shite it'll be the north terrace is away.  

Don't think I've watched a game from the Somerset Road End since about 2018, never got a scooby what's going on at the other end.

Hopefully the next project makes it steeper in there and gets rid of stanchions.  

42 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Hopefully the next project makes it steeper in there and gets rid of stanchions.  

Aye that would be excellent. Getting ahead of myself I know, but if we could make the terracing steeper behind both goals at some point in the future it would make watching the games at Somerset even better.

The inconvenience next season of not having the North Terrace will make me glum. I thought they were going to do construction in a way that allowed continued use of the terracing nearest the pitch.

I've not watched a game in the SRE since we played Rangers at home and Forrest scored, the one where it was snowing.

I've been in the Main Stand a couple of times (was forced to during Covid) so I don't fancy being in there either.

The NT has always been the best place to watch football at Somerset. It'll be worth it in the end as the new North Stand will be class but I'll still moan about it.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

The inconvenience next season of not having the North Terrace will make me glum. I thought they were going to do construction in a way that allowed continued use of the terracing nearest the pitch.

I've not watched a game in the SRE since we played Rangers at home and Forrest scored, the one where it was snowing.

I've been in the Main Stand a couple of times (was forced to during Covid) so I don't fancy being in there either.

The NT has always been the best place to watch football at Somerset. It'll be worth it in the end as the new North Stand will be class but I'll still moan about it.

If you can play left back you can watch the game on the pitch instead.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

How it would start...

homer-simpson-running-gif.gif.17c98408422a7b5aec6563f7504d8f66.gif

How it would end...

9QmN.gif.da25fb09b403a26432ae613de4f81f42.gif

Just don't duck out the way of the ball and follow your man.  My standards are now so low that you'll be a hero after the pathetic shite of the last three years. 

26 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Just don't duck out the way of the ball and follow your man.  My standards are now so low that you'll be a hero after the pathetic shite of the last three years. 

Is it 3 years? I can’t even remember him in his first year but I think that’s down to me stopping watching the streams past December. 

32 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is it 3 years? I can’t even remember him in his first year but I think that’s down to me stopping watching the streams past December. 

Signed a two year deal in July 2020, signed another two year extension last season taking him up to the end of this coming season. FWIW I think he's been fine up until this season where he's regressed badly and become quite evidently a weak link who needs replaced. Don't think there were many complaints when he signed a two year extension at the start of the season.