The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

32 minutes ago, sophia said:

P&B was quite positive on the merits of the Dipo Akinyemi red card decision.

Has it been appealed?

I doubt it, taking my black and white tinted specs off it's one of those decisions that could go either way. Red is perhaps a bit harsh but like @Iain said if Daire's earlier in the season wasn't overturned then not a hope in hell Dipos would be. He's also likely to be away in a few weeks anyway so no point appealing. 

28 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I doubt it, taking my black and white tinted specs off it's one of those decisions that could go either way. Red is perhaps a bit harsh but like @Iain said if Daire's earlier in the season wasn't overturned then not a hope in hell Dipos would be. He's also likely to be away in a few weeks anyway so no point appealing. 

I'm not familiar with that earlier incident but if you are suggesting that there is an ongoing conspiracy against your club, well I've got nothing to say about that.

It was harsh but on a single viewing it was coherent and a single viewing was all that was available to the referee. Oh and the help of Douglas Ross.

7 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

It also didn’t help that Dipo put his hands on him so that just buggered it for him and got him sent off

I didn't see the laying on of hands and if that's the case there would be no merit in an appeal.

2 minutes ago, sophia said:

I'm not familiar with that earlier incident but if you are suggesting that there is an ongoing conspiracy against your club, well I've got nothing to say about that.

It was harsh but on a single viewing it was coherent and a single viewing was all that was available to the referee. Oh and the help of Douglas Ross.

I didn't see the laying on of hands and if that's the case there would be no merit in an appeal.

It's a good job I'm not suggesting that then.

Yeah - it absolutely wasn’t a red and if you are setting such a low bar for a red card then Muirhead should have been off too. There is no chance of an appeal being successful though as they are able to find a way to justify a red card. Steven is one of the very few referees who would have given a red card for the incident -  that’s just the style of referee he is. Over the top, officious and a nightmare. 

52 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah - it absolutely wasn’t a red and if you are setting such a low bar for a red card then Muirhead should have been off too. There is no chance of an appeal being successful though as they are able to find a way to justify a red card. Steven is one of the very few referees who would have given a red card for the incident -  that’s just the style of referee he is. Over the top, officious and a nightmare. 

Are you suggesting an anti Ayr conspiracy or reasons?

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Just voted against that Conference pish. Surely its going to get bombed out? 

I certainly hope so.

Has every season ticket holder got their email about the consultation for B teams?

I can't find it in my Gmail inbox (had a season ticket for the season just ended) and I would eagerly fire a full broadside into these utterly rancid B team/conference league proposals.

45 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

I certainly hope so.

Has every season ticket holder got their email about the consultation for B teams?

I can't find it in my Gmail inbox (had a season ticket for the season just ended) and I would eagerly fire a full broadside into these utterly rancid B team/conference league proposals.

No...likewise I haven't received a mail....yet...and would be a thanks but no thanks to B team and conference league proposal 

With both Morton and Raith introducing free season tickets for under 12’s,  (I’m not entirely sure about the Raith one, but Morton it is two free seasons with a paying adult) I wonder if it is something that the club is considering?

I would hope that they are,  the only slight issue I have with the paying adult part is that the most disadvantaged kids will inevitably miss out, but I guess this could be addressed though the usual community work etc.

36 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

With both Morton and Raith introducing free season tickets for under 12’s,  (I’m not entirely sure about the Raith one, but Morton it is two free seasons with a paying adult) I wonder if it is something that the club is considering?

I would hope that they are,  the only slight issue I have with the paying adult part is that the most disadvantaged kids will inevitably miss out, but I guess this could be addressed though the usual community work etc.

Our U12s free tickets is also with a paying adult 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

4 hours ago, sophia said:

P&B was quite positive on the merits of the Dipo Akinyemi red card decision.

Has it been appealed?

3 hours ago, sophia said:

2 hours ago, sophia said:

Are you suggesting an anti Ayr conspiracy or reasons?

Somebody’s bored.

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

or

Drunk Happy Hour GIF by Saturday Night Live

2 hours ago, Oceanlineayr said:

I certainly hope so.

I got mine via Gmail, same as you, a season ticket for this season. It came from news@ayrunitedfc.org at 00:05 this morning. It takes you to a Google form.

Edited by Trogdor

9 hours ago, RedEd said:

I suspect they are required for SPFL teams in an SPFL competition. We'll play at another SPFL ground.

Don't worry, it won't be THAT one.

Livingston played League Cup ties at Linlithgow Rose a few years ago, it certainly doesn't need to be an SPFL ground. It would be very odd if Ayr chose to play outside of Ayrshire.