The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If we are only getting 6 signings and Mutch (back up goalkeeper) and Stanger (3rd choice centre half) are 2/6 then that's a bit worrying. Only 4 starters coming in? 

Dipo replacement, Mullin replacement, right back, Midfielder. 

The club seem to say we’re aiming for 5-6 every year but it always ends up being more. If Akinyemi, Bangala, JML/Ashford go then I reckon we need 8-9 in total. 

I just don’t see anyone paying money for a Bangala or a Ashford we got lucky with Joe Chalmers, so unless we find a way to mutual terminations of these players contracts I wouldn’t be paying money to get rid of players that while shouldn’t be starters are at the very least depth which for me is better then no depth 

3 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

I just don’t see anyone paying money for a Bangala or a Ashford we got lucky with Joe Chalmers, so unless we find a way to mutual terminations of these players contracts I wouldn’t be paying money to get rid of players that while shouldn’t be starters are at the very least depth which for me is better then no depth 

The only way I can see them moving on to other clubs is for free and a thanks from the club

It wouldn’t be the Ayr United pre-season thread without @ayrunitedfw expressing grave concern every day about the lack signings. I respect the commitment.

We got 5-6 in last year before the season started but still made another 3 loan signings after that, all of which were very good signings until Young got homesick. Bit early to panic.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dipo replacement, Mullin replacement, right back, Midfielder. 

The club seem to say we’re aiming for 5-6 every year but it always ends up being more. If Akinyemi, Bangala, JML/Ashford go then I reckon we need 8-9 in total. 

Yes, on numbers alone that would make sense.

As we stand just now, we've lost,

McAdams, Houston, Maguire, McAlear, Dipo (99% sure), Kirk. and rumoured to have brought in Mutch and Stanger which on paper cancels out McAdams and Kirk.

So simply playing the numbers game then we'd be due 4 replacements for RB, CM, #10 playmaker type and Striker.

The above assumes that Murdoch is under contract and O'Connor is staying and that we retain the rest of the playing staff with similar numbers and budget to the previous year.

I don't think Stanger is coming in as cover . He can play right across the back four and may well be our starting left back unless needed else where . The rest will consist of one forward , maybe big Manni from  Halifax or and perhaps Andy Ryan , maybe nolonger chased by Linfield , if its two. That would leave a slot for wide left and central midfield... They need to be marquee level and tried and tested if we are talking about top four ...

18 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

The only way I can see them moving on to other clubs is for free and a thanks from the club

Probably with a hefty pay off from us too, particularly in Bangala's case. I've no idea what we're paying him but I doubt very much any other club in world football will be willing to come close to it.

Just now, North British 2 said:

I don't think Stanger is coming in as cover . He can play right across the back four and may well be our starting left back unless needed else where . The rest will consist of one forward , maybe big Manni from  Halifax or and perhaps Andy Ryan , maybe nolonger chased by Linfield , if its two. That would leave a slot for wide left and central midfield... They need to be marquee level and tried and tested if we are talking about top four ...

Andy Ryan had a bit of a nightmare on his Hamilton return last year, through both niggling injury and lack of form then bailed out to go to Ireland.

I'm not sure I'd be ecstatic if he was a Dipo replacement....

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Andy Ryan had a bit of a nightmare on his Hamilton return last year, through both niggling injury and lack of form then bailed out to go to Ireland.

I'm not sure I'd be ecstatic if he was a Dipo replacement....

He absolutely can’t be our main striker next season but would offer more than ashford and mckenzie. Think he’d work better beside a target man or even someone like dipo though

12 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

He absolutely can’t be our main striker next season but would offer more than ashford and mckenzie. Think he’d work better beside a target man or even someone like dipo though

Pretty much agree , Ryan is too frail to lead the line but perhaps foil for a big number 9,. This would  mean two up top which would also herald a need for a much stronger midfield and a large dollop of game control . Needs more than four I think...

Not sure where all this marquee signing chat is coming from.  Been zero indication we will be making that type of signing from the club.  

All the noise has been about squad continuity.  

It'll be players we haven't heard of that they think compliment the group already here rather than a known star.