The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, rb123! said:

More to the point what's happening with our season tickets? It's the 1st June tomorrow ffs...

Need that additional income asap to help with playing budget etc, mind you on the back of last week there's not exactly going to be a massive uptake straightaway, probably needs a marquee signing to do that. 

We have already sold around  600 in pre sales with payment received from the majority of them and the remaining have until 15th June pay ( these early buyers got tickets at last years prices ) 

Edited by Finlay21

I don't envy the club trying to flog season tickets on the back of an 8-0 hounding that left everyone scunnered at the end of the season. Will be surprised if we sell as many as last year but if we can sign one or two marquee type players you never know.

9 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I see Raith are charging fans extra for their games against Dundee United and Dunfermline next season. Is it just me that feels this is just morally wrong? 

Doing it for Dunfermline makes sense if they're expecting a capacity crowd. Supply and demand and all that. Would they expect to sell Starks out for a match vs Dundee United normally? Especially as despite their having obviously decided to strengthen for next season, they had an absolutely anonymous one this time and Dundee United will absolutely be expected to be challenging for the title.

Couldn't really see Ayr doing it but that's primarily because the teams most likely to draw a capacity crowd at Somerset are also teams whose fans typically expect to spend far more at the gate than Ayr fans, thus meaning raising the ticket cost would just mean a higher ratio of away fans.

9 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

We have already sold around  600 in pre sales with payment received from the majority of them and the remaining have until 15th June pay ( these early buyers got tickets at last years prices ) 

I should mail the ticket office then, not heard a thing since I sent my form in

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Doing it for Dunfermline makes sense if they're expecting a capacity crowd. Supply and demand and all that. Would they expect to sell Starks out for a match vs Dundee United normally? Especially as despite their having obviously decided to strengthen for next season, they had an absolutely anonymous one this time and Dundee United will absolutely be expected to be challenging for the title.

Couldn't really see Ayr doing it but that's primarily because the teams most likely to draw a capacity crowd at Somerset are also teams whose fans typically expect to spend far more at the gate than Ayr fans, thus meaning raising the ticket cost would just mean a higher ratio of away fans.

Marketing-wise I wonder if it might be wiser to set the standard price at the higher rate and offer discounted entry to the games they want to charge less for. Who knows?

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I hope that our first new signing is one that makes people stand up and take notice.  A good old statement of intent.  Would go a long way within the support, and maybe even help get a few other deals over the line.

It'll be Robbie Mutch and you'll enjoy it.